Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best looking Indianapolis 500 C5 Pace Car - What say you?

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
The 2004 was the best looking C5 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car! :pat

2004Indy500PaceCar.jpg

I like it........but don't see many........Hey 6 Shooter, time to be getting the vert out and going on the road........Dan

6 Shooter said:
Remo - That was all Corvette Indy Pace Cars, this 1 is C5 specific.

They say memory is the 2nd thing to go! ;LOL

Well what the heck is the first thing to go? Because frankly I can't remember anymore.

Remo:cool
"Old, cranky & on meds"

danberry said:
Hey 6 Shooter, time to be getting the vert out and going on the road.
Just finished cleaning and waxing the dually over at Joe's. That thing is 1 huge unit, even seems larger when ya get to detailing it, 5 hours in all, I'm worn out! :ugh

I think I heard his Lingenfelter hollering at me to throw it's cover off and rip up some road. I let him know I plan on exchanging the dually for the Roadster during GM's early April break. He said I should be fairly safe, said we might catch a few snow storm but it should disappear pretty quick.
I'll be glad to get back in the saddle! :lou

I told him someone was driving their Corvette from Mass in March to take it to Lingenfelter. He kind of chuckled and said something about having it trucked over.

Kerri & I need to hook up with you the Yellow Corvette Gang 1 of these Tuesday nights!

Later,
Dwayne

It is better than the past ones. I have a C5 (not a pace), but I still like the 78 the best though.

Who is that leaving Effingham?????????????6 shooter???????????

That is the first time I had ever seen one of those. Any one know why GM didn't reproduce them?:confused

2007 Pace Car

:thumb

Chevrolet+Corvette+Indy+Pace+Car+2007+Supercar+2.jpg

Pace cars

Personally, . . . I'd vote for the 1978, but we're not talking about them. I think, ( and I hate to admit it) the 1998 was my favorite, (save for those hideous wagon wheels) But the 2004 wasn't all that bad. But while we're on the subject of Indy Pace cars, a friend had a 98 pace car. She had two accidents on the drivers side. Nothing serious (Although the C5 and it's frame is a really a tough cookie to hurt) but both times she had to repaint the drivers side. Why ask you did she not just repaint the entire car? Because of the pace car decals. As it was, it cost her $500.00 for the first time, and $750,00 and a lot of hunting to find a second set for the driver side only. Seems things like decals are discontinued almost immediately upon conclusion of the build cycle. And we both thought the car looked stupid with only one side in decals. FWIW :bash

PS: Chevrolet/GM discontinues almost all parts after a particular models end. And there is NO law that says they must stock replacement parts on any car or truck past one year. Crazy huh ? ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom