Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Manuals?

J

juggler

I am searching for the best manuals to help me with my restoration of a '76 Stingray.

She's in good shape mechanically, so I will be starting with the interior (find the short in the dash lights, fix upholstery, change radio/speakers, etc.).

Since I will want mechanical information also, I am considering these NCRS manuals (at their website)
  • Technical Information and Judging guide ($30)
  • Chasis Service Manuals ($25)
  • AIM Manual ($22.95)
  • NCRS Pocket Spec Guide ($14.95)
My search here (manuals, AIM, service books) only turned up one link to the NCRS site. Is there another source or is this the best deal? For over $100 (S&H not included in above prices) would this give me a good foundation? The Chilton's I picked up is not detailed enough.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

I will research how to post photos and do that soon. My wife got a great deal............I still find myself walking to the garage to look at her before I go to bed (the 'Vette that is ;) )

the first three you listed are absolute essentials.
the pocket spec guide is nice to have to reference info but isn't going to help you work on your car.

I have decided to get them all. The pocket spec just to learn more and use as a handy reference at shows and such.

Are those good prices, and is NCRS the best place to buy?

For that matter, how many of you are members of NCRS?

i'm a NCRS member. If you are a member they are discounted from the non-member prices.
The AIM is typically availabe at a lot of the various parts vendors and the Chassis manual may be also. The NCRS JG and spec guide are probably only available thru NCRS but I've never looked elsewhere to confirm that.
Just easiest to go to the NCRS store on their website and order them all from one place.

I actually turn to my 1982 Corvette Shop Manual as the first grab. I tried looking around for a 1976 version, but cant find one. Only thing i found was a 1974 Service Manual & 1976 supplement. :confused

Note: Not the 1966-1982 Shop Manual, but for my year, mine is red and has a white stripe on the right.

Also, i bought the 1982 Factory Assembly Manual at some point, nice to see how to put it back together if you have it apart.. ;)

:w
-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom