Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BEST OIL CHANGE IN ARIZONA AND OTHER Q's

volume351

Corvette
1993 COUPE
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO CHANGE MY OIL IN ARIZONA
WELL CHANDLER ARIZONA... DONT WANT TO DRIVE TO FAR...
ALSO DOES OCTANE BOOST STUFF WORK???
AND ALSO IF I WANT TO RUN AVIATION GAS.. LIKE 100 OCTANE OR 101 OR WHAT EVER IT IS.. WHAT KINDA COMPRESSION DO CORVETTES RUN
CUZ IF ITS NOT A LOT THAN I WOULD ONLY USE SUPER...
THANKS WILL

I would sas the best place is your own garage as only you will take care of your car the way you want it. Most others just want to get the job done quickly and make money.

NAV gas...??why?? The LT1 engine has 10.3:1 CR (I think) and was designed to run on 91/92 octane. No need to put anything higher in it. Higher octane does not mean more energy....at least that what I have read over the years. So don't waste the money.

Later,
LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

If you want the most octane for the best performance, all you need is Sunoco 94. You don't need Aviation fuel unless you're running 13:1 compression. Even if you were using that much compression on the street, methanol would be best and cheaper too.

well if it had a higher compression i would run it... but no need now...
thanks...

volume351 said:
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO CHANGE MY OIL IN ARIZONA
WELL CHANDLER ARIZONA...THANKS WILL

Other than your own garage, I'd recommend Purcell's on Ray Rd. (near 40th St.) I've been taking my car/s there for years. Never had any problems. They are thorough and competitively priced. They also have a deal: pay for three & get the 4th one free. That really pays off on a Mobil 1 oil change which runs around $45.

Cya,
Jeff :w

BTW...Welcome to the :CAC !

Ooops, I see I already greeted ya' in a prior thread. Oh well...

AvGas is leaded and will destroy your cats in short order if you run it.

ok well i just wanted a cheep way of maby a few more hp...
its doesnt matter now... my car is sadly not the fastes in school...
its second..
beat by a m3 (chip,cam,exhaust,intake)
oh well mines still a corvette!!!

volume351 said:
ok well i just wanted a cheep way of maby a few more hp...
its doesnt matter now... my car is sadly not the fastes in school...
its second..
beat by a m3 (chip,cam,exhaust,intake)
oh well mines still a corvette!!!

I assume you have an auto trans car...

If you want to win the stoplight to stoplight grand prix some gears and a torque converter oughta help ya' make small work of that M3.

Giving street racing advice to a teen...I SHOULD BE SHOT! :r

I take my victims to the end of Pecos Rd. so they have no excuses later that they ran outta room. ;)

well you know the new 202... there is a frontage road... by the chandler mall its some small street... and its marked at a quarter mile...
yea ****ing automatic.. i would never run a torque converter on the street.. that just me.. but maby gears... but my dad would say no.. he doesnt even want me to get exhaust... but im geting that anywho.. soon..

what kinda gear ratio?? like gears that will "fix" the m3 problem... but get me better gas mileage.. well thats what i could say...

When looking for more HP, just think of the engine as a giant lung........whatever you can do to help it breathe IN (open lid/k&n filter) and breathe OUT (exhaust system) is the best place to start. If it can't breathe it doesn't really matter what you do to the engine.

Len:w

ps: you have the right approach....M3's will fade out. You'll always have a "VETTE"

ok so i did my oil... and air filter man that air filter was bad..
oh and is it bad to run 87octane??????

The knock sensor will most likely handle the lower octane now with the air temps down...but do not try this in the summer..or even when its above 85. Use the 91/92 octane...yeah I know it costs more, but so does the Mobil 1 oil that you put in....you did use Mobil 1 right??

LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

nope quaker state.. high rpm... synthetic blend...
we had it.. so i didnt spend any money...
full synthetic is a waste of money

Moonunit 451 said:
AvGas is leaded and will destroy your cats in short order if you run it.
Very true and it will also destroy the o2-sensor

volume351 said:
nope quaker state.. high rpm... synthetic blend...
we had it.. so i didnt spend any money...
full synthetic is a waste of money

Full sythetic is well worth the money in the long term. If you plan to keep a car for a very long time , use full synthetic, will save you lot of money and grief.
If you plan on owning the car for a short time you might be right. On resale the use of synthetic oil reflects on how you feel about your Vette and how you treat it.A knowlageable buyer will notice things like that.
Cheap don't pay!

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom