Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Best" Outdoor Car Cover for Mid Atlantic Region

wrc3

Corvette
1976 L-48
Didn't get any replies in the technical discussion. Hoping the general discussion will find someone with an answer.

So I have to move my '76 out of the garage to make room for my next project. I was wondering if anybody has a recommendation for the best car cover to use for a car parked outside in the DC/Northern Virginia Area.

We experience everything from snow, ice and thunderstorms to blistering heat. I will probably drive it on weekends, but during the week I want to protect it from the weather and UV damage.

Any suggestions would be helpful, especially if you have experience yourself with said cover. Thanks.

B

A good quality one that's soft on the paint will be fine. The biggest thing is to make sure it breathes. You don't want condensation building up underneath it. Plus, keep it clean. Periodic trips to the laundromat will keep the dirt/debris out and from scratching your paint. One that fits tight will also keepit from fluttering in the wind which can damage paint too.
I personally don't use car covers for the reasons above but I got one with my 78 that I had to toss due to cat pee. Check the vendors and get a good quality one from them

A good quality one that's soft on the paint will be fine. The biggest thing is to make sure it breathes. You don't want condensation building up underneath it. Plus, keep it clean. Periodic trips to the laundromat will keep the dirt/debris out and from scratching your paint. One that fits tight will also keepit from fluttering in the wind which can damage paint too.
I personally don't use car covers for the reasons above but I got one with my 78 that I had to toss due to cat pee. Check the vendors and get a good quality one from them

Any specific recommendations for makes?

Any specific recommendations for makes?
Nah. I saw that corvette america has several brands and I'm sure all the otehr vendors have them. It might not hurt to call them and talk with someone that could guide you better.

My two are all weather outdoor by Wolf. C3 custom fit, flannel lined, breathable. They're good quality and stay in place.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom