Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Place to Buy Hooker Side-Pipes?

A

andrewmckernon

I just wrote a HUGE post and my Internet Explorer Crashed!!! Here's the short version:

Putting hookers headers and chrome sidepipes on my 68. Can i buy them directly from hooker? If not where's the best place to get them.

Secondly what to do about the rocker panels? Do i cut them and put them back on, or are there better alternatives? Would it be easier to make my own aluminum or stainless steel ones?

And lastly covers for my ungodly-hot-dragon slaying-pipes. Wheres the cheapest place to buy them? Can i make them as well? Does anyone in the forum offer this service?

Andrew

As far as buying Hookers, I would vote for Summit. JCL Spiral Baffles are my choice for muffler inserts and they also sell beautiful heat shields for protecting against burnt legs. A forum member also sells the baffles and shields, but his name escapes me at this moment.

:bang

Andrew, I'm on my second set of Hooker sidepipes. Got them from Summit. If you don't want to cork up your motor, go with the JCL spiral inserts instead of using Hooker's muffler inserts. Yes, on a '68 you will most likely have to do some trimming on the rocker panel trim. In my case, the panels after many miles are kinda sandblasted in the area just behind the front tires anyway. So I trimmed my original ones but purchased some OEM's from GM many years ago in case I ever want to restore it. On some cars you may have to cut off a small bit of the fiberglass for clearence as the pipes pass by. Gets covered by the rockerpanel trim. Charles

s-pipes

72Mako said:
Andrew, I'm on my second set of Hooker sidepipes. Got them from Summit. If you don't want to cork up your motor, go with the JCL spiral inserts instead of using Hooker's muffler inserts. Yes, on a '68 you will most likely have to do some trimming on the rocker panel trim. In my case, the panels after many miles are kinda sandblasted in the area just behind the front tires anyway. So I trimmed my original ones but purchased some OEM's from GM many years ago in case I ever want to restore it. On some cars you may have to cut off a small bit of the fiberglass for clearence as the pipes pass by. Gets covered by the rockerpanel trim. Charles
JEGS NO SHIPPING COST I BOUGHT MINE FOR 515.00 BEST PRICE AND THATS WITH INSERTS. iTS taking a couple weeks to get them but No shipping charges,

KRYPTONITE, what parts numbers did you use, and did you have a discount number? I just looked at their site, and found the tubes (520-50735) for $216 and the headers (520-2224) for $400, and this adds up to $616 with no inserts, and there is an extra charge for oversize boxes. If I could get a deal like yours, I'd order a set!

Mike

more like CHROME

I was looking more for the hooker chrome sidemount headers and sidepipes. Jegs has all that totalling $1181.

Also, I recently read a post about chambered exhaust inserts. I was wondering what you guys thought would be better, the chambered exhaust inserts described by Sky65, or the JCLs. If you don't recall, Sky65 found inserts called Powersticks, which are small chambered exhausts and put them in his sidepipes. What does anyone think about this?

Andrew vbmenu_register("postmenu_350416", true);

JCL's are the best..IMO

You won't have any trouble finding a long list of those who will agree.

HeY where did ya get that Monkey smoking a pall mall that pretty cool

HeY where did ya get that Monkey smoking a pall mall that pretty cool
That's me!!!!.......no really, I think I hijacked it from a fishing forum. I liked it too. Thanks.

I got my hooker headers and sidepipes jet-hot sterling cermaic coated directly from Jet Hot. They look like chrome, but stay cooler and don't blue out like chrome. Cost like right around 1,000 and then about 150 for the muff inserts from Summit. I have heard the Spiral Baffles are better, but I have never tried them.

B

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom