Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

side pipes

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
where is the best place to buy corvette side pipes? I want to get the hooker header type, but can't seem to find them anywhere. can't find them on hooker header website or anything. have you seen them for sale?

If I remember correctly, I ordered mine thru Jet-Hot. These were the Hooker Super-competition sidepipes/headers, that were coated with their anti-heat, silver coating.

I bought mine from Mid America Motorworks. http://www.mamotorworks.com
I got the chrome ones.... I love 'em, I got the same as vmrod. I searched alot for them (summit, ecklers, corvette central) and i found that Mid America is the cheapest by far.
Good Luck
zachh

Where ever you buy them... call Barnett Performance ( www.barnettperformance.com ) and check their price... they have FREE shipping and was the best price when I bought mine.

They are Hooker Sidemount Headers and the side tubes and mufflers are each seperate. Make sure you have all of these items in your quotes. Personally, I would pick up a set of Spiral Turbo Baffles ( www.spiralturbobaffles.com ) instead of the Hooker reverse flow or glass pack mufflers.

Also, there are headers for small block, and big block. They also come in chrome, black, or ceramic coated. Each of these have different part numbers from Hooker... make sure you get what you are looking for. I went with chrome.

If you want to hear some audio clips, send me a PM with your email address.

OK i have found them on quite a few sites, they seem to be priced the same everywhere.

hey 74bigblock, yeah i think i will go with the chrome ones as well since they are the cheapest haha :)

Hi

I have the chrome BB HOOKERs and unfortunately, they start corroding in the collector areas, where the chrome is not so thick.

This side pipes are now also available in stainless steel polished.
Looks like chrome and does not corrode anymore, but even more expensive.

My next set will probably be SS.

Happy new year. Günther

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom