Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best place to buy TT II's?

akfox1

Corvette
1969 Lemans Blue Conv. 350, Keisler 5 sp
Where is the best place to buy a wheel/ tire package with the American Racing TTII's? I looked on Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct, and they don't seem to carry them?
I'm trying to price 17" TTII's with 255/50/17's.

Went to a car show yesterday and these guys were there, his catalog shows TTII's 17". Don't know about the tires. He's a long way from you but might be worth a try. I have never delt with them or know anything good or bad.

Good luck.

B&B Enterprises
Springfield, MA.
1-888-475-6328

Cheapest place to get TTII's is Rons Rims in Edinboro, PA (814) 881-5551. He also has an ebay store.

I picked up some 17x11's for my Trans Am for $205 each... thats about 50% of retail.

74bigblock said:
Cheapest place to get TTII's is Rons Rims in Edinboro, PA (814) 881-5551. He also has an ebay store.

I picked up some 17x11's for my Trans Am for $205 each... thats about 50% of retail.

Yikes! That's an awesome price, although AKFOX1 will need something a little slimmer than 11"s. Hey Fox, I got my Keisler in over the winter and took it out of storage last week. Great low end grunt and 90 mph @ 2500 rpms. I've put 300 miles on it in the last week and I think this is the best change I've made to my car. You will love it.

Thanks. I will look into Ron's rims on ebay. The best I have found on my own is newstalgia wheel.com. I think they were about $900 for a set. They also sell the Kumho tires in 255/50/17.

Inirenberg, I can't wait for my Keisler TKO500. My muncie crapped out, so I took the opportunity to spend $3000! My car is on stilts for the next 6 weeks, waiting for delivery. Nothing like missing Spring weather in a convertible.
I have very high expectations for this Keisler based on what I've read.

Email me at akfox1@yahoo.com. Did you have trouble installing the bellhousing and trans as one unit? Looks VERY tight to me!

Hey 74bigblock! Did the 50% price have anything to do with some tape being affixed to the wheels? :hb

Just asking! ;LOL

Save The Wave! :w

My rally wheels and like-new yokohama tires are now for sale. Check the "For Sale" section, or email me at akfox1@yahoo.com.

Probably going to buy TTII's from newstalgia wheel for the full package.

Sold the Rally wheels today. The part number for the 17 x 8 TTII's with 4" backspace and 4- 3/4 bolt circle is 5057861

Here's the breakdown:
Ron's Rims (above) - 200 per wheel +35 locking lugs +65 shipping = $900 rims only; does not sell tires. Adding tires from the tire rack, plus shipping, plus mounting adds up to just over $1400 for this option, (with a lot of extra hassle.)
Newstalgia wheel - 225 per wheel +146 each for Kumho 255/50's, no lugnuts, free shipping + sales tax = $1641.
Local shop with Fuzion (Bridgestone) 255/50's = $1692 out the door.
Tirerack has Boyd smoothies w/nittos for $1595, but I really think I prefer the TTII's.

255/50/17 = 27.03 in tall
245/50/17 = 26.6 in tall

I'm going with the 255/50/17's since they are close to the original 225/70/15 diameter. I'm also going to see if the Local shop can do any better after seeing the above info. I prefer to do business locally if possible, just in case something doesn't balance up correctly, etc.

That's my update, if anyone is interested. More next week.

Hmmm. I thought the TT's were $695 from Ron's Rims? Plus $68 shipping. I got a quote last week or the week before. (not the fully chromed ones).

I did stop at a local tire shop here in town and got quoted $369 per rim. Ouch. He also said it would be 10-12 weeks for delivery.

So online would be the best place for me when I need them. Right now I need to address syncros and a T/O bearing.

AKfox, did the 255's rub your 69 anywhere? I ask because I am purchasing a set of tires for my stock rims and 255 seems a tad too large. I was thinking 245/60-15 max.

akfox1 said:
Sold the Rally wheels today. The part number for the 17 x 8 TTII's with 4" backspace and 4- 3/4 bolt circle is 5057861

Here's the breakdown:
Ron's Rims (above) - 200 per wheel +35 locking lugs +65 shipping = $900 rims only; does not sell tires. Adding tires from the tire rack, plus shipping, plus mounting adds up to just over $1400 for this option, (with a lot of extra hassle.)
Newstalgia wheel - 225 per wheel +146 each for Kumho 255/50's, no lugnuts, free shipping + sales tax = $1641.
Local shop with Fuzion (Bridgestone) 255/50's = $1692 out the door.
Tirerack has Boyd smoothies w/nittos for $1595, but I really think I prefer the TTII's.

255/50/17 = 27.03 in tall
245/50/17 = 26.6 in tall

I'm going with the 255/50/17's since they are close to the original 225/70/15 diameter. I'm also going to see if the Local shop can do any better after seeing the above info. I prefer to do business locally if possible, just in case something doesn't balance up correctly, etc.

That's my update, if anyone is interested. More next week.

My quote from Ron's was for a 17 x 8 with 4" backspace @ $200 per wheel. This was just last week. Maybe he was in a bad mood?

I wound up at $1643 total with tires, tax and all, at the local shop. Worth the extra money to me to have someone to turn to if something was wrong. Plus, I don't have the hassle of mounting them and signing for delivery.

Yes, I did have a slight rubbing at full lock RH turn, on the passenger side only. Couldn't even see a mark on the tire, just the paint rubbed off on the frame rail. It was not enough to deter me from buying the 255's all around again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom