Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Technique to Raise Door Height Adjustment?

E

ernie d

Hi all,

Drivers door hangs down enough that it will not close all the way unless I slam it hard. Would like a link to a good illustrative procedure to adjust door height properly.

Thanks for your help!

All that you need to do is to remove the kick panel forward of the door to gain access to the bolts from inside the car. It makes it easier if you remove the drivers seat.
When I did mine I just evened up the gap all the way around and tightened it down.

ernie d said:
Hi all,

Drivers door hangs down enough that it will not close all the way unless I slam it hard. Would like a link to a good illustrative procedure to adjust door height properly.

Thanks for your help!
Are you sure it isn't just worn bushings? Be sure before you move the hinge positions.

Good luck getting to the top hinge bolts from the inside. I currently have my entire dash out and it is difficult to see the top bolts. I plan on removing both doors and will spray paint over the bolts before removal. The paint will help in alignment on installation. While off, both doors will have new bushings installed. Hope you have a good helper for the removal process.

Up-down adjustment is performed at the DOOR side of the hinge, where the hinge straps bolt to the reinforcement inside the door (remove the door trim panel and the hinge bolt access covers). Fore-aft and in-out are adjusted where the BODY side of the hinges bolt to the body hinge pillar, which requires removing the lower instrument panel for the side you're working on. The adjustment procedure is shown (with illustrations) in the Chassis Service Manual and in the Assembly Manual.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom