Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Best Vette survey

S

secondchance

Hi, Rob
Out of curiosity, how about staring a survey of best/most favorite vette ever? Include the likes of ZL-1, L-88 of course ZR-1, etc...
I, with some reluctance, vote for 69 ZL-1.

I will have to go with the 2001-2002 Z06 as the top of the Corvette evolutionary chain. You did not specify just ZR-1 type of car so I am replying on all Corvettes.
Of course this begs the question best for what? Top Speed, acceleration, easy to live with, best use of technology...?:cool

I do love them all but my favorite will always be the ZR-1. Not only is the speed incredible, I really like the way they look going down the road. The wide stance really sets them apart......especially if they're lowered a bit. It definately doesn't have some of the comforts of todays C5, but it's simply the brute force that I like.

Jay

Not that I am arguing with you, so don't miss understand. I am just curious. You know what ZL-1s are?

Yeah, those are awesome too. Actually, from what I understand there are only 2. I've seen the one at Rogers Corvette in Orlando. Very cool car and quite a story behind it.

Jay

I lived in Orlando for 10 years and dealt with Roger Jutski. He claims two, I thought I read 3. One of these were built for Ed Cole when he was GM of Chev. Roger's actually has the original factory paint. You know this thing has aluminum version of the almighty 427.

panzer said:
I will have to go with the 2001-2002 Z06 as the top of the Corvette evolutionary chain. You did not specify just ZR-1 type of car so I am replying on all Corvettes.
Of course this begs the question best for what? Top Speed, acceleration, easy to live with, best use of technology...?:cool

Except for absolute top speed does a ZR-1 out brute a 2002 Z06? Just compare stock to stock, any after market mods make them none comparible.

Could be the start of a fight

:w What a question for folks so passionate and opinionated! :confused I won't :argue with anyone's choice! :upthumbs

My personal preference is for the Z06, as I like low end grunt, versus the higher revs required by the ZR-1. I'd like to have both, which I've driven; have neither. I'd love a Z06 Vert, with the magnetic suspension, in the brochure color, with another 100+ HP. :_rock

I have spent years :bang on my Z-51, heim-linked, 406'd C-4 which pulls like my LS-6'd Vete, handles better with more comfort. I'd like it to be more comfy at times like my BMW, but the Bimmer don't corner or accelerate quite as well. :beer Prost!

The Vette's evolution gets me closer to MY ultimate version, and save the 'low' years, when GM cut back and built poorly assembled cars, I like them all for what they are. Gimme a stable of 20, or so, but leave room for the next one!

U math types>> n=n+1, applies to my Vette wants! :SLAP

;stupid The best Corvette is the one I get to drive when I want to! Only when Roger lets me take that ZL1 out for a spin will it reign king!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom