Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Beware the Accessory Button!

V

vintage

I drove my car at lunch and later received a call from a co-worker saying that my back-up lights were on. I went out to the car and found the radio playing and the back-up lights were indeed on. Must have hit the lower right (accessory) side of the "off" button when I put the (6-speed) in reverse and set the parking break to get out. I feel fortunate that someone called. I will pay more attention... make sure the radio turns off when I open the door.

- I don't have that problem
- Wish I had that problem
- Great looking ride Vintage!

I'll definitely remember this little tidbit when I get around to having that problem.

vintage said:
I drove my car at lunch and later received a call from a co-worker saying that my back-up lights were on. I went out to the car and found the radio playing and the back-up lights were indeed on. Must have hit the lower right (accessory) side of the "off" button when I put the (6-speed) in reverse and set the parking break to get out. I feel fortunate that someone called. I will pay more attention... make sure the radio turns off when I open the door.

I always leave my car parked in 1st gear, not reverse. So I checked the results of purposely pushing the on/off button to the lower right (where it says accessory) and it only activates accessories if going from off, not when the engine was already on.
Gersh

it happens more than you think...if you push your button off and hold it just a hair to long....the acc mode is on....

quick tap to turn her off!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom