Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: BFG G FORCE KDW2's

S

skullzo6

I have a 2001 S/W ZOO6 and am planning to run the new BFG G force KDW2 tires 275 40 zr17 fronts and 295 35 zr18 rears. Anyone running this combo now? I have 450 RWHP and need the exra meat.. Any suggestions?:happyanim:

It sounds like you are looking for a tire to enhance rear traction. To better help you I think those reading need a little more information.

In that search for traction, are you willing to sacrifice some tread life and performance on wet roads in bad weather?

Are you doing any drag racing with the car?

Jus' curious...450 at the wheels is about 520 at the flywheel. Tell us about how your engine is modified.

Lastly, it sounds like you're under the impression that the Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW2 is a new product. It's not. It's been on the market a number of years. If you search this site, you'll find discussions about it dating to 2006.

Last edited:
Thanks Hib

I have added LT headers, elec x pipe cutouts, cam, cold air intake and tune. I have a set of Hoosier Drag Radials that I plan to run at the strip but want a nice set of street tires for cruise night. I like the looks of the gen 2 G Force tires, but am unsure of the front to back combination of the 275 40 17 front and 295 35 18 back. Any feed back from someone running this combination would be appreciated.

I have added LT headers, elec x pipe cutouts, cam, cold air intake and tune.
Wow. That is incredible that you can get 450 at the wheels with just an AIS, cam and headers. I want to do that with my 04. What camshaft do you have in your engine? Also, who did your calibration?

I have a set of Hoosier Drag Radials that I plan to run at the strip but want a nice set of street tires for cruise night. I like the looks of the gen 2 G Force tires, but am unsure of the front to back combination of the 275 40 17 front and 295 35 18 back. Any feed back from someone running this combination would be appreciated.

Believe it or not, the stock Goodyear F1 Supercar (265-40ZR17/295-35ZR18) is still a great street tire choice for the C5 Z06es because 1) they're a non-run-flat and 2) the reduced tread depth improves traction, but if you are buying the tires for looks and you like the appearance of the G-Force KDW2s, that package should not cause ABS problem. I have never run a Goodrich tire on my '04 but I have run that same tire size selection you mention (275-40ZR17/295-35ZR18) in a Goodyear F1 GS-D3 on my '04 and it worked quite well on the street.

Thanks again Hib

I have added LT headers, elec x pipe cutouts, cam, cold air intake and tune.
Wow. That is incredible that you can get 450 at the wheels with just an AIS, cam and headers. I want to do that with my 04. What camshaft do you have in your engine? Also, who did your calibration?

Believe it or not, the stock Goodyear F1 Supercar (265-40ZR17/295-35ZR18) is still a great street tire choice for the C5 Z06es because 1) they're a non-run-flat and 2) the reduced tread depth improves traction, but if you are buying the tires for looks and you like the appearance of the G-Force KDW2s, that package should not cause ABS problem. I have never run a Goodrich tire on my '04 but I have run that same tire size selection you mention (275-40ZR17/295-35ZR18) in a Goodyear F1 GS-D3 on my '04 and it worked quite well on the street.

A local shop in Corpus Christi Texas did the work on my car. There was some head work done along with the other mods and tune. I really do like the way the Goodrich looks so with your having run the combo with no problems with the ABS I think that is the way I am going to go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom