Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Big Block's

• Thread starter Thread starter crebo
  • Start date Start date
C

crebo

SwaveDave or anyone willing to help ;help

Hey! I was reading your spec's.....big block and all...I was wondering whether or not that was rear wheel hp? I already have a 402 in mine.....I plan to get the speed-o-motive short block. It's the 454-506 budget master.

http://www.speedomotive.com/CHEVY%20BIG%20BLOCK%20ENGINE%20ASSEMBLED.htm

Just looking for some suggestions. I already have edelbrock oval ported heads, edelbrock air gap and 850 demon carb. I plan to just transfer my top half.

I was thinking that the power would be roughly the same....
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Crebo

Crebo,

Dont know anything about Speedomotives block. Ive always heard that Worlds blocks are super tough though. I really like my EDL #6045 Alum. oval port Heads -- when i put them on ,i noticed a good 30% more airflow coming out the exhaust tips. I used to have the SpeedDemon 850 dp mech secs Carb on my setup, but i couldnt lean the thing out enough...so, i switched to EDL eps800 performance Carb and i love it. Its so easy to work on and i have it tuned exactly. The EDL airgap intake really helps cool the fuel/air charge and i had mine pocket ported. I also have a 1/2" wood spacer under the carb , and still have a good inch of space under the L88 hood.

After you step up to a 454, get ready for some very serious torque and eye opening delight !

Dave

Thanks

SwaveDave

The wife already agreed to my new changes. I just want to be sure this time. Did you dyno yours? If so what type? I'm really looking forward to the new power. I'm trying to find a local speed shop in SoCal..
I thinkI'll start that thread.

Thanks again

No, i didnt dyno mine. Im going according to Edelbrocks Chart on thier website. , and Desktop Dyno that someone ran for me. You have a niiiiiice wife !

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom