Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BIG BRAKES KIT

R

R.T.

Hi does anyone know of a brake company that is doing a bolt-on Big Brake kit (13" or 14") for a '67. I am using 18" wheels and need some Bigun's,,,,THANX

Thanx for the info. I wish I had your mechanical talent, as the car is at the HotRod shop,,,those 5,000,000 hours would be pretty pricey.

Ok another option, here are the sets we can get down under @ $1799 kiwi

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Chevrolet/auction-80422342.htm

This equates to approx $1130 us plus freight ($1 = 63c us) and we source from Aussie. They are on www.ebay.com.au as well.
They do a 330mm (13.0") and they also do a 315mm (12.5") @ same price.
Need 16" wheel min.

Surely though VB&P or someone like them must do these as well in the states. It would be cheaper than importing them from here/Aussie.

Hope this helps, maybe others could chip in?

Goodluck Grant

Thanx for the info Grant. I have been in touch with VBandP, currently they don't have any thing larger than stock,,,but are coming out with a C-5 upgrade for the '67 in a few months,,sounds cool,,might wait.

Is stephenwolf around?

I thought he had some big rotors on his red 67?

Anybody have a picture of it?

Well, finally found something. Vette Brake Products is making me a set of C5 calipers and rotors all the way around,,,that will work.

That should get the job done. Of course we will require pictures when you get the goodies.

Tom

Is Stepinwolf around?

I thought he had some big rotors on his red 67?

Anybody have a picture of it?

Actually Larry, they only look big, because of the 18" wheels. The slotted rotors are the standard size, " Sport " models from VBP's, and the calipers are a set of " Force-10's , from SSB, that were given to me. While were at it the wheels themselves are the " Rock-man's " from Intro in CA.

BTW, the car is a 65 vert.

I will however be getting in touch with Patty from VBP's because this is the first time I hear about the C5 upgrade for any mid-years, and I have a few projects on deck, that will definitely need more " stopping power "

Stepinwolf

brake.JPG

Well I got the C5 front calipers all the way around but one thing I didn't think about was the emrgency brake. Anybody have any ideas on mounting an external emergency brake??

Don't know if you'll have the room but there is a kit for a small rotor mounted to the differential/driveshaft in street rod mags.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom