Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Thoughts and Comments?

WillC4

Corvette
'94 LT1 Green Coupe. 6-spd. All Bolt-ons.
Well, browsing through ecklers and i came by something peculiar. I dont really know what to think of these big mouth air dams for the C4s, but they claim it lowers your overall temps. My stock air dam is already torn up pretty bad, and im looking for a replacement. Any thoughts, comments, concerns on this product?

Here is a link to their site: Big Mouth Air Dam , cool cars, cool chicks, c4orcecorvette.com (864) 335-9043

I have not tried the Big Mouth, but I have heard good things regarding its durability and its performance.
As with ANY air-dam, the car has to be moving for it to do its job. The design of t his model allows it to scoop up air as it travels, instead of the stock dam that deflects air which enters the air-box because it has to go somewhere. The BM creates the scoop effect by having a mid section thats angled downward like your tongue hanging out of your mouth, for lack of a better description....
This DOES work. I designed and constructed a similar scoop that was as close as 2" over the road surface and the cooling while moving was very efficient. At low speed or when stopped it did nothing, but anywhere over 20mph it assisted greatly in the cooling.
Mine scraped every bump in the road and driveways were always a challenge, but Mine was designed with a semi-disposable center section that was easy to replace every few months.
The Big Mouth is exactly the same except it does not hang down as much. I have never heard anyone complain about it scraping, but when you drive a vette, you just expect a certain amount ot that..
I am actually thinking of buying one and adding an inch or two to extend it. Thats easier than building another from scratch.

The only downside is that it does scoop more air, but it also scoops up anything else that might be laying on the street. I've given serious thought to chicken wire...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom