Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Bike Rack?

Nevets2004

Corvette
2004 Black Coupe / Lt. Oak
Besides cruising around I have two other hobbies. I like to play golf and also enjoy cycling. As we all know, the Corvette's cargo area fits two sets of golf clubs nicely. No problem.

The problem is my bicycle. I want to take a nice long ride in the Vette to new locations where I can launch my bike. I have the option of using my wife's SUV. But what I really want is to disappear with the Corvette and the bike.

Has anyone attached a bike rack to a Corvette :confused Or is something like that frowned upon. ;shrug

Thanks

Never attached a bike rack to any of my Corvette's but I did strap my mt bike on the rear luggage rack of my '77 once.

Well Steve ,i'm not old enough to play golf but I've been wondering the same on the bike rack.I'm sure someone makes one .I'd consider it. :D

Well Steve ,i'm not old enough to play golf but I've been wondering the same on the bike rack.I'm sure someone makes one .I'd consider it. :D

Didn't think I was old enough for golf either, but since I've been in Texas I've been playing a lot more than when I lived in PA.

I'll look at some bike rack websites and see if i can find one that fits. Probably not much of a market for Vettable bike racks, maybe there should be.

One idea would be to put a lightweight trailer hitch on and use the type of rack that plugs into the hitch.

One idea would be to put a lightweight trailer hitch on and use the type of rack that plugs into the hitch.

Interesting, I've never seen a hitch on a C5 before. I wonder ;shrug if the exhaust would get in the way.

Still, I think a removable bike rack would be best....Thanks

People have installed hitches on C5's. I know a local guy that did it. He pulls a very small trailer painted to look like his '98 pace car. It is not my cup of tea, but it can be done. And it would not scratch the paint like could happen to one of the strap-on type.

I agree w/ DV. It's easy to put a small hitch receiver on a C5. Then you plug your bike rack in and your off. When you're done, you pull a pin, and take the rack off.

This is by far the best method for carrying a bike with a Vette.

I've seen a similar arrangement with the hitch. My uncle races his Vette all the time. He drives it to the races but hauls a specially built trailer with his race wheels in it. I asked him about it and he said he has no problems with it at all.

Looks like a hitch is the way to. I'll start looking around.......Thanks everyone :beer

Hell, this guy thinks a bike rack is childs play. Try a luggage rack and rally lights!

vetterack.jpg

Hell, this guy thinks a bike rack is childs play. Try a luggage rack and rally lights!

vetterack.jpg

Not to hijack the thread too much :hijackbut that is the Corvette that Car and Driver drove up to the Great White North, almost to the Arctic Sea. You can find the story here. It is a good read.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :beer

Jason

Not to hijack the thread too much :hijackbut that is the Corvette that Car and Driver drove up to the Great White North, almost to the Arctic Sea. You can find the story here. It is a good read.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. :beer

Jason

Yes, that is a very good read. I read the article while at the museum and found the whole adventure quite a story!

A couple of years ago we had a local C5 with a bike rack here in town. I never got to speak with the owner, but as I recall it fitted into a trailer hitch. Hope this helps.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom