Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bilsteins forever?

blockhead

Does anyone know or have a opinion on how long a set of bilstens should be expected to last ? I have purchased a 93 vert and was going to replace the shocks with a set of bilsteins. But upon closer inspection found that it already had a set on. They are very dirty and grimy and look as though theyve been on awhile. I didnt think that they came stock so someone before me put them on. Should I think of replacing them or would I be wasting my money?

Does anyone know or have a opinion on how long a set of bilstens should be expected to last ? I have purchased a 93 vert and was going to replace the shocks with a set of bilsteins. But upon closer inspection found that it already had a set on. They are very dirty and grimy and look as though theyve been on awhile. I didnt think that they came stock so someone before me put them on. Should I think of replacing them or would I be wasting my money?
Actually the Yellow OEM shocks are made by Bilstein,and depending on Conditions and Driving habits they can go along time!! I've seen them go as long as 130,000-140,000 mi and as short as 30,000 mi or less just depends on the way and the roads the car is driven!! A car that is driven weekly the shocks will last Longer than one that sets 5-6 months of the year!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom