Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bird killer!

C

captbane

I dont know why, but for some reason the birds just dont see my 89 black vette comming! im not even speeding and either they are sucked in or fly into my window! ive driven this road 4 years with nothing like this happening! im the bird death machine! You havnt lived till ya have hit a male pheasent in the kisser at 45 mph! anyone else? Doug.

No, not for me anyway. I thought a couple birds would not have gotten out of my way, but I have not hit one yet, did it damage your vette?

Beats being hit by a geezer who cannot see the low-slung Vette either!

We have few birds, save ravens on the roads in SoCal.

Maybe it's springtime and the birds thoughts turn to the bees and humans! ;)

:w

uh uh, but better a bird than a deer or an elk, that's what I worry about, aside from jerks like the one in the dually that decided he needed a good portion of my lane (inside) as well as his own this AM on the way to work.

Damn good thing I was watchin' this idiot, nailed the binders, dropped a couple gears and blew him away on the way out if the corner. I think he got the message :mad

Vette Dawg said:
I THINK some birds see in black and white . . . your 'Vette is black = hard to see.
My theory anyway.

- Dawg :cool

If the Birds can only see Black & White they should have more problems with Yellow and Red Corvettes :D :D

sorry couldn't help it,

I have a black Vette and always try to hit the crows and magpies
never succeeded :W these birds are damn fast.

pigeons however you can roadkill them by bicycle they are really dumb :ugh

Before I had to give up the Harelys, I nailed three birds with my forehead. That is very painful and scary and funny all at once. Be glad you were wrapped in "glass".

Then I guess I am the seagull killer! I never hit a pheasant but I have taken out a couple seagulls over the years. Those fat little turds are everywhere!!!!!

Be glad it's not an ostrich

Never hit a bird in the vette, but have hit one in another car. It was kind of sad, looking in the mirror and seeing feathers all over the place.

I was on the freeway in my Blue Chevy van (Full size and long gone) and a bird hit the bottom of my wind shield, and get caught in the wipers, my little sister started screaming YOU KILLED A BIRDIE, YOU KILLED A BIRDIE......... I had to stop and get the poor thing out of the wipers. I went behind the van and tossed it, so she would think it flew away, and to this day she thinks it lived. only I know the truth, somewhere out there lies a dead bird.............

Vette Dawg said:
:ugh now I'm depressed . . .

;LOL lol!

I was just in a dull mood when I red it.

I am not sorry for these pesky creatures, just look at your Vette when it is parked outside for an hour.

vogelpoep.jpg

luckily this is not a Vette :eyerole

I just spoke to my parakeet. He says that he heard that you have been targeted for elimination because of your fowl driving!;LOL

korvettekarl said:
Before I had to give up the Harelys, I nailed three birds with my forehead. That is very painful and scary and funny all at once. Be glad you were wrapped in "glass".

Got nailed by a sparrow on my GSXR at around 50 mph! at first I thought I was shot, It didnt do to good to the bird! It left a bruise on my right shoulder!

I am haveing problems with birds in my Garage they have taken up residense I bought a $200 bird chaser whuich worked for a while but they are back and building nests like mad.
You would think with me tearing down their nests they would get the message and leave.

Jeb said:
That emoticon was an animated "moon".

Have a good weekend.

Just goes to show how slow I am early in the AM ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom