Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Black on Black LT4

1996 LT4 Topic
H

Huckleberry

I've been keeping my eye on a black on black LT4 at a dealership for about 4 months now. It has 33,000 miles on it. It has a couple of minor paint flaws but otherwise is darn near perfect inside and out. I drove it once about 2 months ago and it ran great. The only trouble I had was getting my size 15 feet to hit only the clutch pedal, instead of the clutch and brake. I'm sure with experience, I could adjust. The seats are also more comfortable than in my 93.

They had it priced at $28,000 starting out, then dropped it to $25k 2 months later, and now dropped it to $23,000. I'm tempted to go over there and offer $18,500. Would this be a fair price?
I checked Carfax and the car is clean.

One other thing --- the car does not have the adjustable suspension. Also has just the black roof. No clear roof.

Thanks

Kelly Blue Book Retail Report
1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2D
Retail Value $21,425

Engine: V8 5.7 Liter LT4
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 33,000

Equipment:
Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette/Compact Disc/Premium Sound, Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel), Leather Dual Power Seats, Alloy Wheels

What the heck, offer them $18.5K . . . what can they do :upthumbs . . . say no!

As soft as the performance car market is right now, they would probably jump at 18.5K. Personally, I think 23k is too much for a standard LT4 anyway. I've seen GS's going for that much lately.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Jason

Huckleberry said:
I've been keeping my eye on a black on black LT4 at a dealership for about 4 months now. It has 33,000 miles on it. It has a couple of minor paint flaws but otherwise is darn near perfect inside and out. I drove it once about 2 months ago and it ran great. The only trouble I had was getting my size 15 feet to hit only the clutch pedal, instead of the clutch and brake. I'm sure with experience, I could adjust. The seats are also more comfortable than in my 93.

They had it priced at $28,000 starting out, then dropped it to $25k 2 months later, and now dropped it to $23,000. I'm tempted to go over there and offer $18,500. Would this be a fair price?
I checked Carfax and the car is clean.

One other thing --- the car does not have the adjustable suspension. Also has just the black roof. No clear roof.

Thanks

Are you gonna keep the 40th or trade it in?

Like Shooter said, the worst thing they could do is laugh at you and say "no." :L

Who knows, maybe they'll jump at $18.5 and you bring up those minor flaws. Might knock it down a little bit more!

I'd say it's definitely a buyers market right now.

As a matter of fact, I already have the 40th up for sale. It's in Autotrader.com and on the 40th website. I don't really want to trade it, since I tested the waters with that idea already and received some ridiculously low offers.

I've only received 1 feeler so far from a guy who was on a budget and couldn't afford over a certain price, which I thought was too low. But I have been thinking of dropping the price I'm asking.
Probably too high for the market right now and it needs a couple of expensive items to make it right (weatherstripping and new tires).

What should I look for on the LT4 as far as possible expensive repairs? The weatherstripping looked good and so were the tires.
Engine oil was clean. The air conditioning didn't work (very little air coming through the vents), but they said they would fix it for whoever bought it.

repairs are all the same as your 40th really... 18.5 is ok, not really a deal though... I bought my vette in December for $18,300, with 28k on it.... every option on this thing too... If you look around you can find a good deal.

Black on Black in the best

Huckleberry! Grab that one before it's too late.

I got my 96 LT4 (black on black) for ~$18,500. It had 58K miles. It was very clean and nice paint. It is pretty much a base model: manual seats, manual climate control, AM/FM cassette, no glass roof and no ride control. But those are not big deals to me. I love the car!

It is really strange to see it sitting for sale that long. Is there anything wrong with it? I had few oppertunities to look at a LT4 and by the time I got my lazy ass to call them or go see it, the cars were gonna.

You will get acustomed to the clutch and break pedal. When I test drove the car the first time, for the life of me, I could not see how to clutch with out hitting the break. But of course, I don't have size 15 shoes and now its not a problem.

Good Luck,
John

For the guys with LT4's in here...

What kind of exhaust systems/modifications have you guys done?

I'm really warming up to an LT4 within 2 years and have to do some solid research on modifications to it.

Unfortunately, my experience with these types of things has been "luck of the draw." I saw a near-perfect 1996 Black/Black coupe go for $24,500 (it had 23,000 miles on it), and just a week later saw a '96 CE LT-4 go for $17,750 (it had 30,000 miles on it). Seems to me that $18,500 would be a very fair price for all involved parties. I beet the dealer has around $15-17k in it.

Unbeleivable... Frustrating...

-Greg

I bought my LT4 BLK/BLk car with 100k mi. for $2700 (two thous and seven hunnert). Drove it home (almost). Needed to have the fuel pump wired again after prior owner screwed it up... lol. Clutch lets go waaay at the top. This is bad, right?

What kind of exhaust systems/modifications have you guys done?

I'm really warming up to an LT4 within 2 years and have to do some solid research on modifications to it.

Get a ls swap kit, a 5.3 junkyard motor, fuel pump, lines and injectors and a ebay turbo....use e85. Bury the boat anchor in the back yard. Enjoy your 700hp time bomb! Boom

You realize this is a 18 yo thread ?:D

Welcome to CAC,Better late to the party than never!:thumb

Sooo... I am doing the swap now.... does the thread age have anything to do with my mods suggestion? Or maybe they should close down this site for inactivity..... Ps. You're here too!!!! Peace out.

Yeah I'm here,I had a heart attack 3 years ago and when I came back,It looked like everybody moved out and forgot to turn out the lights! LoL! We used to have a LARGE Time here! :thumb

:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom