Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BLACKWING by Donaldson

M

minnjesse

The Donaldson Blackwing C5 filter is the best performing filter on the market. Donaldson also has a panel for the C5 that will fit in your factory box. Don't forget the Donaldson cleaning kit.

Get away from them cotton gauze filter media's and try the robust high performing synthetic media.

couldn't agree more. the black wing rocks.:_rock :_rock :_rock

I have a few or you can go to UPFRONT TECHNOLOGIES and let them know Jesse sent you!

Blackwing Panel for your:
:eek
1997-2003 Corvettes
1985 - 1989 Corvettes
1998 - 2002 Camaro / Firebird / WS6 / SLP's SS & Firehawk

:D let The Folks At Donaldson Know You Like The Product And That They Should Keep It Up And Put Out More Blackwing Filters For Other High Performance Rides!
:cool

I heard Donaldson is discontinuing the Blackwing filter for the C5

Alex D said:
Its not over till its over!

Things are being said but no action has been taken.:upthumbs

upfront tech in Minnesota has them, I have a few left over from my stock

Why are they discontinuing?

Alex D said:
Now why would Donaldson Engineering discontinue the most popular, profit producing product in their line?

Remo:cool

not sure why it was sold but its my understanding that it still will be made just sold by another company.

Blackwing

Have a Blackwing and love it. But in CA, I hear that the smog demons won't accept it when we have to get our smog check. That means putting the stock unit back on to pass the smog check. I have tried to find out if Blackwing has a CARB compliance, and if so, where I can get a certificate or a sticker. Email to Donaldson has not been answered. Any info?

Rojo said:
But in CA, I hear that the smog demons won't accept it when we have to get our smog check. That means putting the stock unit back on to pass the smog check. I have tried to find out if Blackwing has a CARB compliance, and if so, where I can get a certificate or a sticker. Any info?
they never hassled me...............:D

Rojo said:
Have a Blackwing and love it. But in CA, I hear that the smog demons won't accept it when we have to get our smog check. That means putting the stock unit back on to pass the smog check. I have tried to find out if Blackwing has a CARB compliance, and if so, where I can get a certificate or a sticker. Email to Donaldson has not been answered. Any info?

The Blackwing does not have a EOD number from the CARB-Police. As far as passing the visual part of the smog its basicly up to the smog Tech. I just had my Y2K C5 smogged and it past with flying colors in which I have a Blackwing.The first inspection station told me I need to put the stock setup back on. The second smog station said no problem, tested my C5 then asked me if I wanted to sell it !!

Love my Blackwing...do they make a drop in filter for the '02 Chevy Avalanche 5.3 litre motor???
Thanks,
Bill

As far as I know Donaldson makes the Blackwing Performance Filter for the C5 only. They do make Air filters for the big riggs like Cummins, International and Frieghtliner. Our Local Donaldson Filter dealer does not even show a Blackwing application chart or even show a cleaning kit for the Blackwing. I have tried to get one for my wife's 03 Impala but no luck. Will probly have to buy a K&N which I know they have for the Implala.......

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom