Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bleeding brakes when all new calipers are installed?

fastglass95

Corvette
1996 LT4 coupe + 2004 Z06 Z16
Do you need to do anything differnt from normal when bleeding the brake system after replacing all four calipers and related brake lines? probably lots of air in the system to get out!

I usaully use a "mity-vac" and vacum bleed from each caliper, farthest first, then work towards master cylinder. Then follow with the old "foot on the pedal with a helper" technique in the same sequence just to make sure all the air is out.

What is the "Gravity bleed" technique I've heard mentioned here on the CAC before? would that be effective when replacing brake components within the system?

Thanks,

When I did mine, I just used the old fashioned "foot on the pedal with a helper" method. One thing I did notice was on the rear brakes you had to bleed the inner bleeder before the outer bleeder. I too changed the Calipers, and brake lines, but didn't come up with too much air. I went through 3 pints of Dot 4 Fluid, mostly to try and flush out the old fluid than for air in the lines.

Good luck.

Steve :w

If you dont have it back together yet you might consider flushing it out with some denatured alcohol of somehting else that dries quickly and leaves no residue, either clean or replace the MS too(there cheap). Moisture and crud are your worst enemy here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom