Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blinker problems

C

c5corvtman

Who else have experienced this problem with their blinker? This just started to occur over the past month or so. Whenever I turn on the blinker to make a left turn, the blinker comes on at times, sometimes it does not. When it does come on, it will blink regular, then stopped. When I turn the blinker on at times, nothing happens. The blinkers will work after I hit the emergency flasher button. What gives? My mother related she too was having problems with her vehicle, chevy, model and make I cannot remember she lives in another state and she too had to hit her emergency flasher until she took her car in for a $350. repair.

Thanks for any information.

Who else have experienced this problem with their blinker? This just started to occur over the past month or so. Whenever I turn on the blinker to make a left turn, the blinker comes on at times, sometimes it does not. When it does come on, it will blink regular, then stopped. When I turn the blinker on at times, nothing happens. The blinkers will work after I hit the emergency flasher button. What gives? My mother related she too was having problems with her vehicle, chevy, model and make I cannot remember she lives in another state and she too had to hit her emergency flasher until she took her car in for a $350. repair.

try removing the hazzard and clean the contacts with TV contact cleaner if you can still find it or replace the hazzard switch

try removing the hazzard and clean the contacts with TV contact cleaner if you can still find it or replace the hazzard switch

sorry to be stupid, but how do I do that?

Re: Blinker problem..

Hey c5corvtman I finally got tired of messing with the hazzard switch and took the car to my dealer and had it fixed under the extended warrenty,(thank God for extended warrenties!) and it is a MAJOR job to replace. The dash gets pretty well totally disassembled and takes the dealer about 2 hours.
In the process it was discovered that my multifunction switch was bad and it was replaced as well. The part#s are Hazzard:10359036 and #26075870 multifuntion. They had the car overnight so supplied a rental car. I snooped while they were pulling the dash apart and it sure was not something I would have wanted to do myself. C4C5 diagnosed my problems and hit the nail on the head.The bill would have been close to 1000.00 ...or a new exhaust system :)
Semper Fi

Common problem........hear you can also get at the switch by removing the radio.

replacing the hazard switch is a 30 to 45 min job. the first time maybe an hour. it isnt that hard at all. just pull the center console and radio, then reach up where the radio was and release the bottom locking tab on the switch, smack the switch with a large flathead screwdriver. remove the button first though. it will come right out. put everything back together and all will be right in the world again. it fixed my quirky turn signals.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom