Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Blonde Needs Brakes

Possibly YOUR calipers were the cause- but it is inappropriate to suggest that this would be the root cause in all cases. Throwing parts at a safety related problem and hoping for the best is not a wise plan.

Having said that there's many examples of people installing 'new' calipers to address an air pumping issue (particularly the o-ring equipped style) only to find some time later that the issue returns.

Rotor runout must be eliminated, not masked.

fine i see your point.. i am just saying that the calipers do suck air even when leaks are not apparent

OK Guys! Love all of the info and am going to give it a try!
I did have a "corvette guy" do the breaks (not last summer, but the one before) with the exact same results, except the bill was about triple because I paid for his "expert" advice. I will do some digging and see if he checked/replaced the calipers.
I am taking all of this in hand to my "small town" guy down the road (I live VERY rural) and see if he believes it is in his range of mechanical skills. He has been very good to me and at least I won't feel taken advantage of. If it is beyond him (and he will tell me) I shall continue my hunt for a competent and honest mechanic.
Sure wish I had taken Auto instead of the required Home Ec back in school.....Auto was more my thing, but they wouldn't let the girls play!
Once again, Thank you all! I'll keep you informed, and drive her slowly to the shop~!

Brake problems solved!

Hi Kitty, Tcolyer gave you the best kinks for solving brake problems, go back to the Idaho Corvette page bbfh part 12 then scroll down to the bottom and copy "bbfh part 13" and copy that link and the other link from "Corvette Fever", armed with that informaion, anyone can fix your brake problem. It's a basic repair job! If they follow that information your car will be back in good order without spending a lot of money. PG.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom