Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blue Devil at Nuerburgring?

D

Dirtfarmer

From Johnny O'Connell's site. Does Chevy usually send Corvette "street cars" to Nuerburgring or could this be the Blue Devil out for a test run?

Something cool
Added 09/13/06

Every now and then you get to do something really cool in this job. This Saturday I’m headed over to Germany to run some Corvette street cars around the Nuerburgring. I’ve been there once before back when I drove for Panoz, and did do one lap on the long circuit, but this is going to be several days driving on it and should be a blast. I’m getting to know the circuit beforehand by practicing on X-Box, so hopefully will have it memorized before I get there.

I get back the following Saturday and then it will be a thrash getting ready for Petit. Not only do I have the race and auction to think about, but this year I am also the chief steward for a charity go-karting event to help out Motorsports Ministries. So will be a busy week.

We have no word yet on if IMSA is going to make the fight with the Astons more fair, but our fingers are crossed. Hope that yours are as well. Those of you that order tickets for Petit through me while I’m gone, well it’s not a problem I’ll just make sure that your tickets are waiting for you at Will Call. The Road Atlanta Staff is great, and if you run across one of them be sure and thank them as they give so much, and do a great job.
Promise to drink a beer for you all while I’m in Germany !!! Yeah…will be fun !!!

Johnny

CLICK for site

As an Xbox enthusiast, the 'Ring is my absolute favorite track to drive. Wasn't the 'Ring used C5 development as well? That will make the Blue Devil or whatever they're going to call it even better.

Jim

As an Xbox enthusiast, the 'Ring is my absolute favorite track to drive. Wasn't the 'Ring used C5 development as well? That will make the Blue Devil or whatever they're going to call it even better.

Jim

Have you tried Forza Motorsport on Xbox?

Have you tried Forza Motorsport on Xbox?

Yes I have. The 'Ring is harder in Forza Motorsport. It is narrower in some places which makes it less forgiving, especially at high speeds! :D

Check out some of the videos on www.nurburgring-videos.com. There are motorcycles and cars. It is very :cool

If I won the lottery I would love to take my car over there and run it around the 'Ring a few times. :lou

Jim

Update: Blue Devil Nurburgring Story

An update on the trip from Johnny O'Connell's site. CLICK

He's also got some comments about last weekends race on the home page.

Nurburgring:
Added 9/23/06

Probably one of the coolest places I’ve ever run. So totally demanding and huge, so fast, and no place to rest but for on one long straight. Each day was a challenge, having sections that were dry, and some that were wet. Driving wise it was the biggest challenge I’ve ever faced, and was tested every day.
Now I know all you Corvette fans were wondering if I was driving the Blue Devil, and sorry to disappoint you I wasn’t. For the first three days I trained in a 2005 Z-51 and 2002 Z-06. Both totally rocketships around the track, with really nothing out there faster. It was fun in that we were just blowing by porsches , Ferraris, and lambourghinis like they were standing still. At the end of the last day I got to do 3 good laps in a 2006 Z-06, and man what a car. So fast and so much grip. I never got to do a good timed lap as there was too much traffic, but think getting lower than the time that Jan did in the car, 7:43, is very doable based on what I was seeing for section times. So with luck I’ll get to go back when the weather is right and have a go...

And he get paid to have that much fun!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom