Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

body mounts without a frame off

rucruzin

Corvette
1980 - coupe
Anyone ever tried to replace mounts without doing a frame off. Can it be dobe?

nice link! he makes it sound so easy. this is also a project on my to-do list and I'm thinking this thread will come in handy.

Mike

Brian,
I tried to access the link for replacing the body mounts and it said I was forbidden to view that link
Do you know what that means or why?
I would like to download how your friend did this as I have new mounts for my 68 but have not installed them as I don't want to remove the body.
Thanks for any assistance,
Kurt

I just went to the link this morning and had no problems getting there. I see that the site was updated yesterday so maybe the administrator was having problems with it or updating it. Also it may have something to do with your internet security settings?
I could convert this page to a .pdf format for you and send it by e-mail if you still need it.
Let me know. Also if you would like the page do you need the pictures too? If so no problem.
Brian

go to corvette*** and look there. They show how to do this with only taking the body up 2 inches.

go to corvette*** and look there. They show how to do this with only taking the body up 2 inches.

Look where? *** ? I feel stupid, what am I missing.

The current issue of Corvette Enthusiast has a how-to article on this subject, including the difficulties you might encounter. Good reading.
:)

Can be done, not very difficult. You need to check if the wire's need to be disconnected or if they're long enough. Critical thing to do it to jack the body on in the corners where the floor is the stiffest. Don't do it in the middle or on one site because you don't want to buckle your floor.
Good luck!

Groeten Peter.

I had one deteriorate for some unknown reason. The rest of them still look new. I had no problem replacing it without taking anything loose other than that particular mount bolt.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom