Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Boomerangs

SIXt7

Corvette
1967 Coupe
May be a naive question but it looks like the boomerang shields are mounted with the motor mounts. Is there an easy way to remove them without too much hassle? And now for some bubba thoughts...anyone ever cut or break them off. Or is it really necessary to remove them at all if I want to reroute the wires at some point? Be kind!

is the motor a SB I assume?

If it's like my '65 SB, the front ignition wires fed thru the motor mount which required first removing the end boots on one side of the wire to allow them to fit thru.
My car has most of the stock ignition shielding peices on it but it doesn't have the boomerangs so I may be wrong on this but possibly you can just snake the wires thru the motor mounts and thru the boomerang without removing them?

BarryK said:
is the motor a SB I assume?

If it's like my '65 SB, the front ignition wires fed thru the motor mount which required first removing the end boots on one side of the wire to allow them to fit thru.
My car has most of the stock ignition shielding peices on it but it doesn't have the boomerangs so I may be wrong on this but possibly you can just snake the wires thru the motor mounts and thru the boomerang without removing them?

Barry: Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a SB. That sounds feasible but I'm thinking of removing all shielding except at the distributor since most of it is in rough shape.

Two bolts on each side (one motormount-to-block bolt and the one at the rear that also attaches the rear spark plug heat shield) and they'll fall right off. Make sure you still have the spring clip under the pan bolt on each side to retain the wires against the block or they'll fry on the inboard side of the exhaust manifolds.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom