Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla or B&B?? Expert advice please

Hybrid BB Bullet

Just replaced mine with BB route 66's. Sounds great. Best addition I could make.

Put the Bullet on my 07 coupe. Sounded cool out on the highway but way TOO loud for city driving, i.e. interior drone and throttle down burble. Called BB and they recommended adding the center section muffler, which is an Xpipe and resonators. Takes the "edge" off the bullet, which is, in essence, pretty much a straight pipe. Picked up the car today and it sounds great. A nice comprimise between extremely aggressive and too quiet. Great exhaust note and a hardy burble that growls but doesn't "pop and spit." The effect puts it somewhere in-between the Bullet and the Route 66.

Dave

Well I installed the Borla system...and was very dissapointed that it isn`t much more aggressive sounding....I should`ve gotten the "stinger"....I am going to try and see if Borla will exchange...

What a crap shoot!

Well I installed the Borla system...and was very dissapointed that it isn`t much more aggressive sounding....I should`ve gotten the "stinger"....I am going to try and see if Borla will exchange...

Buying exhaust is kinda like buying a house or car. You can't really know if you're going to like it until you've tried it;shrug . Sorry to hear that the Borla didn't work out for you :( . In my case I had to back off from too aggessive.

It's interesting that when I was debating which vendor to go with the Borla folks recommended the system/part# you went with. I hope they let you swap for the Stinger. If you are able to swap please post to let us know how you like it.

Dave

I bought the B&B Route 66 from Southern Hotrod.... It was just what I was looking for... perfect!

after talking to david borla,he agreed to exchange my not loud enough touring exhaust for the stinger...hope to get it on this week...very happy with the customer service at borla.

Borla builds the "aggressive exhaust" systems for GM. You can order @ your smiling dealership. You might want to check pricing.

i checked the chevy /borla...was more at the dealership and it isn`t the stinger version,it is the touring model i assume since it has the same oval mufflers that my borlsa did. the stinger uses smaller round mufflers...

PUT THE STINGER ON YESTERDAY....MUCH MUCH LOUDER THAN THE TOURING! hAD A FRIEND DO A DRIVE BY SINCE I WANTED TO HEAR IT FROM THE OUTSIDE...VERY COOL!!IM HAPPY NOW.

Congrats!

PUT THE STINGER ON YESTERDAY....MUCH MUCH LOUDER THAN THE TOURING! hAD A FRIEND DO A DRIVE BY SINCE I WANTED TO HEAR IT FROM THE OUTSIDE...VERY COOL!!IM HAPPY NOW.

Glad the Stinger exhaust is working out for you :upthumbs. I think I'll try it after running with the B&B bullet w/PRT for awhile. Kinda' like tuning a fine instrument... :eyerole.

Dave

Glad the Stinger exhaust is working out for you :upthumbs. I think I'll try it after running with the B&B bullet w/PRT for awhile. Kinda' like tuning a fine instrument... :eyerole.

Dave
DAVE,THE STINGERS HAVE A DEEP RESONANCE ON START UP AND AT ABOUT 1500-1800 RPM....SOUNDS LOUD FROM INSIDE,BUT SOUNDS VERY FINE OUTSIDE.CRUISING AT 65-75 IS AS QUIET AS ONE COULD EXPECT,ONLY SLIGHTLY LOUDER THAN FACTORY.iM TAKING A TRIP TODAY (140MILES) SO I WILL HAVE THE FULL EXPERIENCE. IM GOING TO LAY MY CAR COVER ACROSS THE REAR STORAGE AREA IN THE HOPES IT WILL DEADEN THE 1500-1800 RPM RESONANCE...IF IT DOES I WILL LIKELY INSTALL SOME SOUND ABSORPTION MATERIAL UNDER THE CARPET. GATOR

DAVE,THE STINGERS HAVE A DEEP RESONANCE ON START UP AND AT ABOUT 1500-1800 RPM....SOUNDS LOUD FROM INSIDE,BUT SOUNDS VERY FINE OUTSIDE.CRUISING AT 65-75 IS AS QUIET AS ONE COULD EXPECT,ONLY SLIGHTLY LOUDER THAN FACTORY.iM TAKING A TRIP TODAY (140MILES) SO I WILL HAVE THE FULL EXPERIENCE. IM GOING TO LAY MY CAR COVER ACROSS THE REAR STORAGE AREA IN THE HOPES IT WILL DEADEN THE 1500-1800 RPM RESONANCE...IF IT DOES I WILL LIKELY INSTALL SOME SOUND ABSORPTION MATERIAL UNDER THE CARPET. GATOR
Ahhhhh, the dreaded drone...

Billy Boat Bullets

I've had the BB Bullets on my 01 convertible & 04 vert. Loved that sound, what a vette should sound like. I now have a new 07 vert and ordered & just got my BB Bullets Thurs 1/11/07. I'll install them this Sat morning 1/13/07. Will try t o get pics and sound clips ASAP. As for drone, what drone??? Driving w/the top down at any speed was always exciting, listening to that music from the engine and still carry a conversation, even w/my wife in the car!!!!:) There was a very small bit of drone when the top was up and you're in the lower gears (4-5) but just slight accelerate or back-off and it was sweet music. We'll see what the 07 sounds like really soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom