Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla's

N

Ncbosshoss

I am seriously considering a set of Borlas's. I am not interested in watching the check engine light come on and off (already doing that with another car!). Will the Borla's be compatible with my 04 or will I have to have other stuff done, too? I also plan to put a new air induction kit on as well. Will that give me any performance gains or will it just look cool? I actually think the stock exhaust doesn't sound too bad but it could use a litlle more grunt. I'm after a better sound and not so much more hp. I may go for the whole package one day (headers, tb, intake, hi-flo cats, dyno tune) down the road but not anytime soon.

Chris

Borla Stingers sound great and are lighter than stock, sm. hp gain. Very happy with them.

I have the Stingers with Magnaflow X Pipe on my 03. Sound is awesome and the install was very easy. No worries regarding a check engine light. My only gripe with the Stingers was the quality. I had to send my first set back due to an irregular tip and scratches. The second set was better but not as nice as I would have expected. I spent some time polishing the cans and tips myself. All in all, I think you will be happy. In my opinion, one of the best sounding cat backs on the market.

If I had it to do over again, I would have to take a serious look at the GHL Magnum series. The GHLs are a bit pricier but have a mirror finish and I understand quality is first rate. I also understand Brian at GHL is great to work with. Good Luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom