Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Relay's ?

T

tonylong

A new Bose question. My front speakers (left and/or right) don't seem to always come on when I turn on the unit (one or both). They will come on a minute or so later, and then sound OK. It seems like one or another relay needs replacing.
Does the Bose have relays for the speaker amps ? Are they separate for left and right ? Where are they ?
I didn't find much info about this in the FSM. Can someone tell me their location, or otherwise point out a possible solution.
Or just point me to a page in the FSM to examine.
TIA

I have a 90 convertable that has the same problem. Looking forward to the response.

There is a single relay for the Bose speaker amplifiers. The relays are in different locations depending on the year. The early cars had a relay just to the right side of the radio head unit and the later cars with the new dash design has the relay located on the left side of the "multi-use relay bracket" which is at the bottom side of the instrument cluster.

Aha. I was hoping for more than one relay. This is not good news.
It seems to be just the left front that goes out (or possibly both front) because I still have sound, just not in the left front.
Maybe it's the dreaded "Bose speaker rot out" disease.
One more thing to check is possibly the sound I hear is coming only from the self powered kicker sub-woofer I installed way in the rear. I'll keep checking and posting here. This doesn't happen consistently.
Thanks to all. Keep more ideas coming.

Been There Done That!

Yank it and buy a new unit. Save all the old Bloze equiptment for the next owner, just incase he wants it. New Head units with updated speakers and new wiring is less expensive that fixing that old unit and sounds better too. MP3 and Ipod capabilities are not an option with that old Bloze system.
;)

ZQQM said:
Yank it and buy a new unit. Save all the old Bloze equiptment for the next owner, just incase he wants it. New Head units with updated speakers and new wiring is less expensive that fixing that old unit and sounds better too. MP3 and Ipod capabilities are not an option with that old Bloze system.
;)

Got any recommendations?

Thanks for all the input.
Now that "IT" knows I'm looking at it, and have have expert help available, "IT'S" being on good behaviour.
I can wait. I'm patient. "IT'S" time will come.
Don't laugh, I know there are those of you who know what I mean.
I'll be back !

I know exactly what you mean.:D

tonylong said:
Thanks for all the input.
Now that "IT" knows I'm looking at it, and have have expert help available, "IT'S" being on good behaviour.
I can wait. I'm patient. "IT'S" time will come.
Don't laugh, I know there are those of you who know what I mean.
I'll be back !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom