Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bought a 2001 Z06

Emtmike

Corvette
1981 Biege & Dark Bronze Coupe
Hey everybody.....just got home with a 2001 Z06 I bought from the Poconos :happyanim:. Just had a question about the shifting:W. When I take off slow, I have no problem going into 2nd....but at a higher RPM, it wants to go into 4th and is very hard to get it into 2nd. Is there something I have to shut off to avoid this like a fuel saver option, or something to that affect? :eyerole. The dash also lights up to tell me to shift from 1st-4th at a certain RPM.....Heeeeelp :W. I'll also post some pictures of it in a few days :).

Hey everybody.....just got home with a 2001 Z06 I bought from the Poconos :happyanim:. Just had a question about the shifting:W. When I take off slow, I have no problem going into 2nd....but at a higher RPM, it wants to go into 4th and is very hard to get it into 2nd. Is there something I have to shut off to avoid this like a fuel saver option, or something to that affect? :eyerole. The dash also lights up to tell me to shift from 1st-4th at a certain RPM.....Heeeeelp :W. I'll also post some pictures of it in a few days :).

What you are experiancing is the CAGS which is a fuel saving nanny that prevents you from shifting into second and third gear after the vehicle is warmed up and being driven gently. For about $20 you can buy the CAGS Defeat which is no more that a short harness with a resistor that takes the place of the solenoid at the transmission. It's available thru any of the wonderful Corvette vendors around. Or you can drive much more aggressively in which case it shouldn't activate. It can also be programmed out with a Tech2 or HPTuners or ???

I put on the CAGS defeat harness, it took about 2 minutes on the lift.

Congradulations on the new Z!!!

What you are experiancing is the CAGS which is a fuel saving nanny that prevents you from shifting into second and third gear after the vehicle is warmed up and being driven gently. For about $20 you can buy the CAGS Defeat which is no more that a short harness with a resistor that takes the place of the solenoid at the transmission. It's available thru any of the wonderful Corvette vendors around. Or you can drive much more aggressively in which case it shouldn't activate. It can also be programmed out with a Tech2 or HPTuners or ???

I put on the CAGS defeat harness, it took about 2 minutes on the lift.

Congradulations on the new Z!!!

Thanks Jim....I figured it was something like that. I'll have American Custom Industries fix it tomorrow :thumb

Nice, can't wait to see pictures.

Got that ridiculous fuel saver thingy bypassed today......much better :beer. They also told me that it shifts too hard and I should take the councel off and see if the short shifter was greesed at the tranny :eyerole. Does anybody know an easy way of taking the center councel off without taking a whole day?. They showed me the same shifter at the shop that was placed in mine, and this is why theu sudjested it may need to be greesed at the tranny. Anybody got any simple of doing this?.

1st to 4th

Are you sure you don't have a short throw shifter;shrug

Are you sure you don't have a short throw shifter;shrug
I have a short throw in my ZO6 and when I bought her I kept going from 1st to 4th but I was forcing it when I was shifting her and with the short throw, just shift where it goes and it will be the best thing ever. 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th you can't miss (Smokin Z):w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom