Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bowling Green-Labor Day Attendance

compyelc4

Corvette
'95 LT1 Coupe, Comp Yell; C6 Roadster, Vel Yell
How did you feel about this year's attendance? I was stupefied! We arrived about 10:30a on Saturday and stayed about 2 hours. I don't know the attendance figures but it seemed like 50% of last year's attendance.

What happened?

We heard that due to the recent 50th kick off in June, as well as Carlisle just the week before, and Fun Fest coming up quick, that many people skipped this event.

Plus, I will tell you that at first the hotels were all saying that the rooms were booked. So, I think many people just figured they were not going to be able to make it. When we got there, there were vacancy signs up everywhere. So, I think there was some bad communication.

In any event, it was a blast. To tell you the truth, it was crowded enough for me as it was. I can't imagine there being more cars, more people, and longer lines to get a cool drink!

69myway,

We had a good time also. I don't need a packed house to have fun. Just surprised that it was not more packed. I'll bet your "communication" and other observations are correct regarding the lower attendance. Too bad. Many missed a good time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom