Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! BPMV/EBTCM location

dlux444

Corvette
1997 pewter couple w/auto & removable glass top
Where is the BPMV located on a C5? How do you access it? I'm getting the C1243 code regularly and want to access this in order to start with the simple stuff....cleaning connectors and ground contacts to see if this is where the bug is, hopefully not having to consider replacing or rebuilding this very expensive part. Also gonna the try spinning/slipping the tires several times on acceleration and braking to see if these mostly un-used units just need some "cycling exercise". By the way, on another topic, I've found that you can replace/clean the accelerator pedal position sensor instead of having to buy a whole new accelerator pedal/sensor unit. Remove the accelerator pedal assembly and use a T20(not sure what these special heads are called) to take the defective sensor off for replacement or cleaning. When I first started having trouble with this, I pulled the assembly and squirted some electronic cleaner into the sensor....worked like a charm for a long time but then began coding again, so replaced it with a used sensor from a pedal assembly I purchased from a corvette salvage parts dealer.....working fine now. Thanks in advance for any help on this.....
Definitely nice to weigh in with the "Corvette Brotherhood" on these problems!!!
Dlux444:thumb

In 1997 the EBCM was located in the rear of the car. I remember seeing a picture once and if I remember correctly it was located near the differential on the drivers side. Tired to find the info again but could not.

On a 97 C5.................

It's under the rear center directly behind the differential.:thumb

Attachments

• TifToGif.gif
    TifToGif.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Found it...thanks!

dadroo & gmjunkie.......found it, thanks to you guys.....your help is much appreciated.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom