Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake booster inline filter keeps brakeing....

Deadlego

Corvette
1979 Corvette L82 4 spd
The inline vacum filter keeps brakeing.... Have any of you guys had this problem? I have no idea on why it doing this. I broke 2 of them today. I think each time it was under high rpm but not sure why they brake. Bad engine mount??? or possible just bad parts or to much vacum??
im lost on this one.

I'd bet the hose is too short or it's seeing some flex from somewhere. Wouldn't hurt to check your engine mounts- if the left one is bad and the engine is lifting that could break it, but you'd also get the fan into the shroud. Easy fix, unless you're wanting to stay correct- get a longer hose and throw that inline filter in the trash. All it does is filter any fuel vapors out before they get to the diaphragm in the booster. But the booster on my 69 is 40 years old, never had that filter, and is the one that GM installed when they built the car.

well just check the engine mounts. they seem ok but now I have another problem. The bushings in the shifter (hurst) are screwed. I cant get car to into 1st but 2 and 3rd and 4th are fine. also will go into backward fine too. So Now I need to change the bushings out for the hurst shifter. ..... I still dont know what the problem is the brake filter thing...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom