Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

*!%$#& Brake Lights on 1968

68Roadster

Corvette
'68 White Vert '05 Silverado SS
In the process of getting the old roadster inspected it failed for non working brake lights. Troubleshooting revealed a bad switch (up above the pedal). Trying to find the replacement switch has turned into a nightmare. Seems GM changed the switch in '68 from what they had been using in '67, realized their mistake and changed it again in '69. I have no leads on an AC Delco D862C brake light switch.
To pass inspection I purchased a '69 plunger type switch, fashioned a bracket from some parts in the garage (what those parts were you would not believe and I won't tell) but it works for now.
Does anyone have a scan of the '69 assembly manual that shows the bracket and switch? Since the '68 part is so hard (or impossible) to get I would like to mod the car to the '69 setup so I don't run into this problem again. I would assume that the '69 bracket would somehow fit in the '68, can't imagine that area up under the dash would have changed in '69. I do know that the '69 brake pedal has a striker on it, those seem readily available.
Thanks in advance.

Cee

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom