Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Rotor Question

vetteme1

Corvette
1996 Torch Red LT-4
I have a '96 LT 4 w/the J 55 brakes....looking to upgrade rotors to slotted/cross drilled rotors. does anyone know if the C5 rotors fit the '96 C4??? (13" front & 12" rear).

I have a '96 LT 4 w/the J 55 brakes....looking to upgrade rotors to slotted/cross drilled rotors. does anyone know if the C5 rotors fit the '96 C4??? (13" front & 12" rear).

No... gotta get C4 rotors, OR you can upgrade to C5 brakes (rotors and calipers) but that will cost you some $$

I just put a set of drilled/slotted rotors on my lincoln town car from this guy (LGT corvette rotors): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...hZ019QQitemZ7967851350QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Great product for the money, even the lincoln stops great now. If I still had my vette, I would have already bought a set for it from this guy.

C5 brake upgrade requires ZR-1 wheels, the sawblades do not clear. I recomend slotted zinc plated solid rotors like Powerslot. Look into ceramic pads for clean, quiet operation. While you are in there consider stainless brake lines too.

A real good fluid flush is necessary for peak performance. I have a Motiv Power Bleeder for single-handed bleeding. You don't want to pump trash through the MC and calipers using the manual method if possible.

The '96 already has an upgraded bias spring. After my project the brakes are outstanding where they were good before. There are many posts on this for you to review.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom