Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake warning light won't go out

S

SRReality

1962 C1 - My parking brake warning light won't go out, even with the parking brake handle pushed all the way in. I just noticed that the parking brake handle will rotate completely, too. I have a new switch in my "stash", but wondered if there's something else I'm missing, before I start tearing things apart. The parking brake is definitely"off" when I push the handle all the way in, but the %$##&^%$ light stays on! What say, folks??

There's a steel pin inserted in a drilled hole in the top of the parking brake shaft, guided by the slot in the top of the tube - that pin does two things - it keeps the handle level, and the end of the pin actuates the switch for the warning light. The pin has probably fallen out or sheared off.

:beer

There's a steel pin inserted in a drilled hole in the top of the parking brake shaft, guided by the slot in the top of the tube - that pin does two things - it keeps the handle level, and the end of the pin actuates the switch for the warning light. The pin has probably fallen out or sheared off.

:beer
Thanks, JohnZ - - -I hoped you would notice and answer my post. My "logic" told me that might be the case, but I wanted to check before I took the parking brake shaft out. The weather in MO is starting to act like Spring, so it's time to uncover the treasures, clean 'em up, change the fluids, fix the odds 'n ends and get out on the road!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom