Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brakes question

johnm

Corvette
2007 BLK/BLK Z06
I have an 07 Z06 which I have noticed after a spirited drive there is three times as much brake dust on the left front wheel when compared to the right front. The brakes do not make any noise, the car does not pull under braking (Hard braking or light). The car has 5000mi on the odo. Don't have any dealers around here with vette experienced mechanics. Any thoughts, Thanks

Could be several things. Why don't you pull the wheels, and do a visual inspection. If everything looks OK, it's probably OK. Also clean the wheels to duplicate the condition. If it happens again..........let us know. I just replaced the brakes on my 07 Z06 because I hated the dust on all the wheels. The dust was starting to pit the chrome. I had heard of that, but never saw it before.

Because of your "spirited driving" you may be experiencing active handling activated on certain turns. Since this can/may cause independent, singular wheel braking, this could be the cause. Or, it could be brake drag...

Our local track (AMA configuration) has 21 turns. 17 of 'em are lefts and 4 of 'em are rights. Guess which side of the tires are roasted by lunch break?:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom