Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Brakes

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

kfoley2

Corvette
2010 black on black gs
Does anyone have a problem with the front brakes squealing at low speeds 10 mph and slower?

Common complaint with the C6....my GS doesn't squeak I don't think, but I'm deaf and have the Sixty's on Six blasting so loud it don't matter. Sometimes it can be some moisture on the rotors and after a bit it will diminish. Most say that the easiest thing to do is to live with it but if it bugs you bad enough then switch over to a set of Hawk Ceramic pads which seems to cure it and as a bonus there is less brake dust. Hope that helps........

Brake squealing at low speeds is very common for high performance brakes, depending on the compound. It would not be unusual for your brakes to do so. Do you have the Z51 package?

switching pads most times does help, like mentioned above.

Just one of the perks of owning a car with high performance brakes.

I don't notice it much with my Vette because I turn off my hearing aids and listen to the music of the 427.

Brake squealing at low speeds is very common for high performance brakes, depending on the compound. It would not be unusual for your brakes to do so. Do you have the Z51 package?

switching pads most times does help, like mentioned above.

Centennial,

New CTC member -

Question - If this is the 2010-2013 GS area, why ask if they have the Z51? All GS's have the Z51 option. Not being mean, just wandering.

BTW: I replaced the original GS brakes with ceramics, less dust and still very good braking power. No squealing to date.

Thanks,

MT

I plan to change mine out soon , are the front pads the problem ,has anyone noticed?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom