Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brand New Dymags!!

T

TurboLuigi

Psyche!... ;)

But really, now that I got you attention, I was talking to a fellow owner the other day and he mentioned that his car had a yellow dymag sticker on one of the spokes of each of his wheels when his car was new. He asked if I had ever seen the sticker but I must admit that I never have being that I am a 2nd owner and that my car wears OZ speedster style wheels.

He said that he had saved the stickers from his wheels and when he had time that he would scan one and e-mail it to me.

Has anyone seen the sticker that he was referring to? Anyone with this sticker still on their wheels?

Just Curious, hopefully its not the "Dymag" wheel rim sticker that can be purchased on e-bay.

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, I will have to look for a stright-on shot however, here is an image w/ the decal on a 1991 :cool

c11.jpg

Seen those up close on 91-001 ;) Each wheel still has them and the glass top looks like it has never been on the car.

PM me if you need a close up picture

My 88 does not have the stickers-Did not come with any. My 87 with Dymags has the sticker on them.

Wow, my search for original wheels is getting harder every step. Is still learning and thanks everyone for any bit of info that comes along.

Wow, my search for original wheels is getting harder every step. Is still learning and thanks everyone for any bit of info that comes along.

Were you able to determine what wheels originally came on your Callaway :confused

It is late enough to have worn OZ 17" wheels from Old Lyme, as Dymags were discontinued midway through the year.

Now that I have the car and associated paperwork I know it came with Dymags, but thanks for the possibility.

The Callaway Window Sheet for my car shows dymags yet it wears OZ's. I am not sure that Callaway changed the Invoices, I have yet to see a Callaway Window Sheet that shows OZ Wheels. I think that when they realized they were running out of Dymag Inventory that they simply went with the OZ's and never changed the Window Sheets.

-Luigi
:cool

The window sticker indicates DYMAG 17 x 9.5, not sure if they ever made a OZ distinction?

I do not believe a content (distinction) change was made - The Series 500 cars have all had OZ's on them. At least the ones I have seen with my own eyes. Except for the one special ordered w/ Run-Flats (VERY late build ;) ) and yours, which I have only seen with the Boyd "tri-fan" wheels on it (before the Z06 replica rims were changed)

...the mystery continues

Cor83883 - If you are looking for a set of OZ wheels, you might want to check back with Corvette Mike. The CR-1 they have there is sitting on a set of OZ wheels. Not sure of the size, or if he would even sell them, but it might be worth a phone call.

22_01.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom