Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bra's to wear or not to wear???

Bought a black GM bra and used it for two road trips in our C6. Both times flapping corner caused paint damage but otherwise probably protected more than hurt. Figure at $100 for the bra then $50 per trip for some protection. Touch up paint took care of paint damage. Anyone want the bra? Pick it up for free; no I won't ship.
i used a GM bra on 3 different C-5 and a GM bra on 1 C-6 with no damage. i never saw a flapping corner on the C-6. i have seen some owners cut off the tabs that go in next to the headlights because they were hard to install. all you need is a piece of plastic from a milk bottle slid in first and then install the bra tabs.

We saw some cloth bra and mirror covers at the Anniversary celebration at the museum. But now I can't remember the vendor. They were in side in the new wing but that is all I remember. I was going to get the clear bra but after pricing that changed my mind. Please advise. Viet

no bra
use the clear, GMJUNKIE told me the whole package cover nose to tail and rockers for 500 bucks,drive it a few years and when it gets scuffed up, then you peal it off and the paint is brand new again...

no bra
use the clear, GMJUNKIE told me the whole package cover nose to tail and rockers for 500 bucks,drive it a few years and when it gets scuffed up, then you peal it off and the paint is brand new again...
The kit for Vett Boys car was a little less than $500.00,Installation was Extra!!:thumb

no bra

...bra-less!!! yea that's what I'm taking about!! :thumb

Let me explain why I chose the clear bra .My vett is a company car and I'm forced to drive it almost 20,000 miles a year .I want the car to look as good as possible with the least amount of detail work.I drive in rain and many back roads .I would spend hours pre-cleaning before installing the regular bra and then more time cleaning and inspecting after the fact.Cleaning the bra itself for me would be a hassle.Then the fact that a regular bra only protects the nose .I've got all the major rock chip and wear areas covered.
None of it shows unless you really look for it ,it doesn't yellow or age .It's saved some very serious chips.Hell you can get a nasty just going across town.
Personally to me a regular bra looks really tacky.
I'd also like to say that I had a great guy to install mine and he did a great job except there is a pubic hair;LOL that is under the clear on the right fender.

I still feel it was money well spent :thumb

I'd also like to say that I had a great guy to install mine and he did a great job except there is a pubic hair;LOL that is under the clear on the right fender.

I still feel it was mony well spent :thumb
Ok old man,here we go again!! That is not a pubic hear!:L:L:L
And you wouldn't even known it was there if I hadn't shown it to you!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

Ok old man,here we go again!! That is not a pubic hear!:L:L:L
And you wouldn't even known it was there if I hadn't shown it to you!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

With all due respect,the hair is very small and you really have to look BUT---- Lizzie (the dog) and I have discussed "the hair" many a times.It's our conclusion based purely on the Character of the installer it's pubic .:blue:

Does anyone have experience with the LeBra brand for a C6? Does it fit good? Does it do any paint damage? I saw a guy with one at the Old Town meet last week end and he really liked his. What's the opinion here?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom