Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brembo Brakes for Callaway C4

Corvette
1989 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe
Hi guys just so you know I have been talking with Brembo and I spoke with Mike V. from Callaway Cars about offering a Front Brembo Brake package for the Callaway C4 17 inch wheel application. I will let you all know as it progresses. If you are interested post a reply here. Thanks Pete

Hi guys just so you know I have been talking with Brembo and I spoke with Mike V. from Callaway Cars about offering a Front Brembo Brake package for the Callaway C4 17 inch wheel application. I will let you all know as it progresses. If you are interested post a reply here. Thanks Pete

count me in.

Interested if it is the original Brembo design that fits the 17" runflats (or a new design that still fits the runflat)....then I would probably buy 2 complete sets

I believe Callaway did not offer a Brembo kit to fit the runflat wheels. The kitwill be monoblock calipers 4 piston design SS brake lines and all hardware needed Cross drilled or slotted rotoor 2 piece design.

:D The orginal Brembo's did fit the Runflat wheels

:D The orginal Brembo's did fit the Runflat wheels

Mark, the smaller version did fit the 16" stock Camaro / Firebird wheels and we have established that those, would be the ones to work w/ RunFlats, if anything (Brembo).

I am not sure if Callaway4Fun though, is researching those parts to fit our Corvettes, or if he is looking for the larger calipers & rotors that were utilized with the 17" (traditional inners) wheels.

I like the looks of the RunFlats Mark, but they are not really performance oriented with their bulk, and uniquely designed support system/design that in essance, makes the inner dimensions that of a 16" rim, and difficult to work with for performance upgrades as we seek.

Regards,
C. :beer

Even "we" c3 guys laugh at all the c4 brakes systems! Even the c5 brakes.. Rear brakes don't self center they have pistons on each side imho!

Btw. seeing the LT1 single piston and small brakepad almost makes me cry.... Don't know why the Camaro still had them ... single piston brakes but on a vette they where change for a dual piston back in 87....

Groeten Peter.

Sure, but if everything were about performance increases 18" wheels would be used, a 450SNAT would be replaced too, the original turbos in a B2K would be replaced, etc.....just looking for the old part to be brought back or a suitable substitute to be presented.

Mark, the smaller version did fit the 16" stock Camaro / Firebird wheels and we have established that those, would be the ones to work w/ RunFlats, if anything (Brembo).

I am not sure if Callaway4Fun though, is researching those parts to fit our Corvettes, or if he is looking for the larger calipers & rotors that were utilized with the 17" (traditional inners) wheels.

I like the looks of the RunFlats Mark, but they are not really performance oriented with their bulk, and uniquely designed support system/design that in essance, makes the inner dimensions that of a 16" rim, and difficult to work with for performance upgrades as we seek.

Regards,
C. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom