Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

bug and tar remover not working

for those of you who use WD-40, what does it do to your wax or protectant? I tried it once and I don't think I will use it again, left a film on which needed to be washed off with soap and I'm not sure how it reacts with Zaino. It did do a great job on tar but there are other products which I know works well with Zaino

what I want is a bug and tar remover which works great, can be rinsed off with water and does not react badly or remove Zaino, which is the only thing I use on exterior

I have yet to find a product which does all three to my satisfaction

I use a little diesel fuel and some elbow grease. I have never had any damage to the paint.:)

i was hesitant to say what i used and never had a problem... but instead of diesel i use kerosene....

for those of you who use WD-40, what does it do to your wax or protectant? I tried it once and I don't think I will use it again, left a film on which needed to be washed off with soap and I'm not sure how it reacts with Zaino. It did do a great job on tar but there are other products which I know works well with Zaino

what I want is a bug and tar remover which works great, can be rinsed off with water and does not react badly or remove Zaino, which is the only thing I use on exterior

I have yet to find a product which does all three to my satisfaction

Well I'm sure it most likely to remove the Zaino, but I'm not sure. What I am sure of it SAFELY removes bugs and tar and grease that gets splashed up onto the sides of my corvette. But then again I wash and wax the car every spring and if I think it needs it I wax again in the fall. To me WD-40 is a great low impact solvent safe on literally any painted surface, Well maybe not water colors.:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom