Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Build Sheets

B

biomedlen

I have a 1980 Vette, where could the factory build sheet/sheets be hidden? I've checked in both doors and under the dash but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Blast from the past.. good information

biomedlen

Here is something about this from a previous post by Steve on this subject..

72LT1Steve said:
Tim;

Approx. 4 months ago I went on a Tank Sticker hunt on my car finding it on the passenger side top of the gas tank. Now what I did to remove the document has been deemed by others I've spoken too as VERY BRAVE but it worked for me. I was able to reach my hand up over the tank actually feel the paper (soft/pliable to the touch) and gently recover it. Now I might have been extremely lucky to get it this way, but I'm glad I've got it because it told me of items about the car that I wold have not known without it IE: Came with white line tires, and heavy duty battery, as well as documenting the car as an LT-1 etc.

I would vote for removal. But most everyone I spoke to about the subject advised dropping the gas tank. Photographing the document, then gently removing it.
For the hard core original person, I've heard stories of photo copying the sticker sealing it in some protective sleeve and re-affixing the copy it to the top of the gas tank.

Good luck
Steve
'72 LT-1 Roadster

Good Luck and Happy hunting ;)

BudD
:bu

Found mine by removing the exterior fuel lid and hinge then reached in through the opening. In my case it was actually partially visable through the opening, too bad it was so deteriorated it couldn't be read.

Eugene

Biomedlen;

I have also heard of finding a build sheet under the interior carpeting. No specific location however. I recently checked under the drivers side carpeting - No luck. Was going to check under the passenger side and had one of the rear seat bolts stripped and did not want to come out :( .
I also have heard to look in/through the door panels and the dashboard. In the case of the dashboard I have been told that a copy was found folded between the top of the Speedo and Tach. I checked there on my car = Zilch. Kick panels have also been mentioned as a finding place as well.
With respect to the Tank Sticker. I was able to take a flashlight and look from the gas filler door (looking at a very low angle) and partially see the Tank Sticker prior to reaching up to remove it.

Good Luck!

Steve

The only location that the factory put the build sheet was on the tank as the tank sticker. The build sheet was a multi part carbon that the line workers used to confirm what should be on the car. When they finished with the sheet they put it in the trash. Or....if they were rushed for time, sometimes would just stick it in a door, under the carpet or up under the dash. May just drop it into the interior and it accidently got covered with carpet....but it was never a factory policy to put additional copies in the car. If you find one, you are lucky. Otherwise check the tank.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom