Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bumper Paint Cracks - Repair or New Bumper

Vettevrooom

Corvette
2000 Millennium Yellow Coupe Glass Top
Two years ago someone backed into my left rear bumper & ended up with a few fine cracks in the paint that have now spread to about a foot long area. Can this be fixed or is it better to buy a new bumper rather than have problems with it?? Is there a place in northern Chicagoland area you would recommend for good work? Thanks for the help!

I just had the front bumper repaired on the 02. Got backed into at the Chevy dealership here in BG. I had it done at a shop that does a lot of corvettes. Came out great!!! As for Chicago no idea. Come to Bowling Green and I'll hook ya up.

Two years ago someone backed into my left rear bumper & ended up with a few fine cracks in the paint that have now spread to about a foot long area. Can this be fixed or is it better to buy a new bumper rather than have problems with it?? Is there a place in northern Chicagoland area you would recommend for good work? Thanks for the help!
If you know what your doing it can be repaired!!!! I've repaired 100's!!! But you have to use the right materials and take your time and let everything cure!!!:upthumbs

It just needs to be re-painted. Vetteran Automotive in Crystal lake ,ill. 1-815-455-6565. They are a good corvette repair shop.

I found that when I had the front bumper repainted on my 98 the paint wasn't as durable. I had it painted because of all the rock chips but after a short period of time it was worse than it was before.

DDLS1
I always wanted to see that museum!! Thanks! That will be a definite option. How long did it take and does the color match??

gmjunkie
I used to do that with my LeMans but the process seems so critical now and I no longer have supplies. I think I'll let and expert work on baby. Too bad you are not in my area, I'd rather pay someone here.

Lethal Tendencies
Thanks for the information, I'll check them out this week. Do you work there or have had work done?

I love this board, sometimes within minutes a problem is solved by someone else who has already found a solution that works. So why do I wait so long to ask?? LOL :confused

jrose7004
That's what I'm afraid of. My son had a great result with his car (MR2) but a friend was not so lucky. That's why I wanted to get some other ideas. He didn't think they worked on vettes but I should call just to make sure. Debating whether to stick with a place that is primarily a vette expert to make sure. I'll also make sure they guarantee their work.

That's why I started working on the LeMans myself. When I had it done it bubbled off but not when I took my own time with it.

DDLS1
I always wanted to see that museum!! Thanks! That will be a definite option. How long did it take and does the color match??

The color match is perfect, I'm really impressed. He turned mine in 4 days and he was busy with other cars. I will recommend him to anyone, he came recommended to me by the folks at the NCM.

Dale

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom