Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Busch fined $100,000; docked 100 points

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
4qz3134.jpg

Carolyn Kaster, AP
Kurt Busch (2), makes contact with Tony Stewart as Stewart is stopped in
his pit at the Dover International Speedway in Dover, Del., Monday.

Nextel Cup Series driver Kurt Busch was hit with a $100,000 fine and stripped of 100 driver points by NASCAR on Friday for his actions in Monday's race at Dover, Del.

Busch was angry with driver Tony Stewart over his actions on the track and during a pit stop, Busch pulled into Stewart's pit box, blocking him in and nearly hit one of Stewart's pit crew members as he was preparing to work on Stewart's No. 20 Chevrolet.

NASCAR immediately parked Busch for the remainder of the race.

On Friday NASCAR said it assessed the additional penalty for the incident because "reckless driving" and "endangering a crew member on pit road."

Busch's car owner, Roger Penske, was also penalized with the loss of 100 owner points due to his driver’s infraction.

The penalty matches those handed down earlier this season to Michael Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt Jr. and ranks as one of the most severe in NASCAR history.

The 100-point penalty drops Busch from 11th to tied with Greg Biffle for 17th in the Cup standings and currently out of contention for the Chase for the Nextel Cup. The top 12 after 26 races qualify for to compete in the final 10 races for the championship.

Article

GOOD!!!!!! I'm glad the little a$$hole got something.....I personally don't think its enough for what he did but it's better than nothing!!!!!!
and I hope penske makes him pay it out of his OWN pocket as well!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to be KB standing in front of General Penske for his dressing down! He seems to be a verrrrry slow learner. On the other hand, Tony Stewart is a real piece of work too. If I were KB, I just would've waited my turn and.... paybacks are hell. Stealth is a wonderful thing. ;)

It took awhile but I knew the real Kurt Busch would rear it's ugly, punk head again......
All we can hope for now is that he doesn't make the Chase by 101 points, that would be icing on the cake.....

$100k for "endangering a crew member on pit road" is just a slap on the hand to a person that makes several million a year.

Not nearly enough. :mad

Hecox

$100k for "endangering a crew member on pit road" is just a slap on the hand to a person that makes several million a year.

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satel...5037&path=!sports!autoracing!&s=1037645509202

"It’s bad to cheat on your gas, it’s bad to leave a few holes open for maybe a little aerodynamics edge, but nearly running over a crewman on pit road, well, that’s apparently not as serious an offense, or at least that’s the message that NASCAR’s latest ruling would seem to send."

~ Mike Mulhern ~

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom