Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Butt ugly defined in re: C7

Hib Halverson

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
Corvette
71 04 12 19
This was at the L.A. Auto Show this morning.

This C7 actually looks better in pictures that it does in person, which, of course, is the opposite of most other C7s. The only feature on this car that was visually pleasing was the enlarged fenders.

Other than that, this was a C7 clown car.

_JAY0039.jpg

I'll bet there is no Orange Peel to be found in that paint job. I like the car but the color is kind of weird :ugh

After I shot it, I looked close at parts of the exterior. The quality of the paint was quite good. And, actually, I like the black-out trim. I just hate the blue and....I own two Corvettes which are blue.

It makes for clown car artwork and not something of practical use.

I think, the black trim idea works better on a red or yellow car or, if someone is really daring, a semi-gloss whilte...like the Z/28 Chevrolet also brought to the LA Show.

But, you know...the only reason someone would do a C7 in a color like that is to get people talking.

I guess it worked.

Replace the blue with a steel gray would help it tremendously. I would be embarrassed to drive it as it is now, its hideous.

The color may be weird but I really like the wide body kit on that C7. Maybe GM will get the hint for their next performance offering....Z06...ZR1....????

Attention getting color.

How low is that front splitter? :w

RE: the color...........A rerun of a mid 50's Ford color.........
Andy :w

Last edited:
That hideous color at least distracts from those terrible taillights.

To each his own

This C7 actually looks better in pictures that it does in person, which, of course, is the opposite of most other C7s. The only feature on this car that was visually pleasing was the enlarged fenders.

I think the c7 is gorgeous and so do all the people who gather around the car and take pictures when I go out the only clown around here is the guy who posted this he probably drives a cube or a smart car
View attachment 16390[/QUOTEor]

Uhh.....Elberon......you're new here aren't you...? Hib's got a lot of Corvettes and does a lot of.............nevermind.....he will probably tell you himself.......:D

Best to check the water before you dive in head first. :ugh

Best to check the water before you dive in head first. :ugh

Ah.......what the hey..............
Leap before you look..........it's WAY more fun! :D
Andy :w

I think the c7 is gorgeous and so do all the people who gather around the car and take pictures when I go out the only clown around here is the guy who posted this he probably drives a cube or a smart car
View attachment 16390

Seriously?
So..."Elberon"...I take it your headed to "One Day Paint and Body" to have your C7 shot in "Powder Puff Light Blue"?
(Honk)(Honk)
Sorry. That darn red nose goes off unexpectedly sometimes. Let me get this Bozo mask off...

I think the C7 is gorgeous, too, just not that color.

Welcome to the CAC.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom