Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buying 82

C

c4ever

Well it looks like I'm buying an 82 but I'm not too familiar with pros and cons for this year. 100k on her but original throughout with complete mait. records. It should look sweet next to the 85. Anything that I should look for. I've heard stories about the crossfire,any merrit? Maybe I'll have her in time for Turkey Day. I just hope I,m not the Turkey!:J

The crossfire was not the best thought out of FI systems IMHO. It was adequate when running correctly. I put an edelbrock/holley combo on and boxed the crossfire for when/if my wife ever sells it. In my case though i think the guy that had it before me was hacking on the wiring harness and such, he may have even had a small electrical fire cause he had done some crazy wiring work. Most folks who have the crossfire enjoy it. I REALLY like the OD.

Anyway switching to a 4v really simplified the nitrous system install <grin>

Anyway switching to a 4v really simplified the nitrous system install <grin>

Gotta love it:J

Thanks to all. It looks like I'm writing the check tomorrow. A real sweet ride. The wife will love it. I'll have to break it in for her.:t
I'll work on some pics.
Still intriqued with that nitrous. By the way I had to go to Cal to find this car but worth the trip. Would love to drive her back to Fla. but don't have the time. How sweet would that be?:drink

corvette problems

you should have transmission in car professionaly checked out the 82 700r4 had problems and most ate there transmissions up around 60000 miles

Re: corvette problems

topless82vette said:
you should have transmission in car professionaly checked out the 82 700r4 had problems and most ate there transmissions up around 60000 miles

Boy, that's dead on! Our's grenaded at 65,000 miles. Now it has a tough new tranny and runs like a wild banshee.. :)

All right - another 82!:J I love mine!

-Guy

I hear you guys on the tranny. Drive train was thoroughly checked out. I did notice a lack of member 82's. Guess it might be because production was low that year. I gotta tell you, I love my 85 coupe but this baby sure looks sweet.One Black and One Red, I must have died and went to heaven.:Twist

There doesn't seem to be a lack of 82's in my area here. I've noticed lately that in addition to my 82 CE that there are at least 4 others just in a 30 mile area! And that's just the 82 CE I don't know how many other 82's there are.:) I know that there are 3 CE's in our club and about 2 or 3 other 82's also. Not to mention various other year models.:s I've owned my 82 CE for 11 years and absolutely love her!:w

A few years ago I paid a little more than I should have for an 82, but it was in 1/2 condition with all maintenance records and low mileage. So far, in my opinion, the crossfire has gotten a bad rap. Mine runs like the proverbial top--and will smoke the tires doing it--with nothing more than an upgraded exhaust, K&Ns and removal of the air door. Other than that, it's stock. No, it's not going to catch the "Z-cars"--even with a running start--but the last of the C3s handles well and turns heads! Choose a good one and you won't regret it. Good Luck!!

Thanks for boosting my confidence in the cross-fire. I like to keep my cars pretty much stock with some minor mods like chip ,k&N filter and devices to get more cool air. I trust the guys who design 'em. That's why I love 'em. I never met a vette I didn't think was the best damn looking car on the road. The performance is just an added pleasure.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom