Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buying a 2005 C6

K

kccgeo

My dealer offered me 28,000 for my 2003 coupe-c5/auto/1sb/polished wheels/6-cd changer/performance axl/automatic/dual tops/side molding/Torch Red/20000 miles as trade in on a new 2005 C6-coupe and I pay MSRP for new C6. I think the dealer may be selling me short. He says prices on C5's will drop off fast with the introduction of the c6. What do you think?

C5 prices will and have taken a bit of a hit but . . .

I also think your dealer is giving you low dollar for your Vette.

You might be better off selling it outright.

Have fun with your C6, they are Great !

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Sell the car locally to a friend who will do a "in and Out" at the dealership so you don't lose out on the benefit of sales tax by selling to through the dealership..

JMO but worth a shot..

Blue book

Sounds like a really hot car... I went on Kelley Blue Book's website and priced your C6 for retail. It gave me 3 listings:

-Retail Value: (What a dealer would ask for the car on his lot.) $32,215
-Private Sale Value: $35,405
-Trade In Value: $31,800

I'm not sure this is helpful. It's based on my zipcode, which is San Antonio, but if you go on Kelley's web site: www.kbb.com, you can plug in your zip. It all boils down to how much someone is willing to pay....

Good luck:)

jazzlove:cool

Be aware that kbb.com gives numbers different from those for 'paid subscribers', so said a neighbor who worked for and did the kbb site. In my experience, a private seller is lucky to get trade-in in a private sale, as all car sales are so soft. Hard to compete with zero financing, free maintenance, etc.

Also, the dealers I have talked to give thousands 'back' of wholesale to cover their possible costs in running a car thru the shop, considering that they may have to wholesale the car to another dealer.

You can usually do better by doing the hassle of a private sale.

Old models nearly always fall when the new ones emerge; even the new 7 series, with it's negative publicity forced the former iteration down a few pegs.

Offer on 2002 C5 Convertible, yellow, z51, 6 speed, polished wheels

My dealer offered me $32,750 for my C5 Convertible yesterday. KBB lists private party value at $38,810 and trade-in at $35,150. I have been thinking I should sell my car now while the summer is going strong and before the C6 comes out. I hate to part with it though because it's a daily driver and I can't imagine driving something else in the mean time.

kccgeo said:
My dealer offered me 28,000... What do you think?

I think your dealer is trying to scare you into taking a deal that is not to your advantage.

Whether it's worthwhile to make a little more money trying to sell it privately is a subjective question, but shop around. Every dealer is different, particularly if you get away from your local area. Good luck.

Let's not forget that a dealer can offer you whatever he wants to for your car. That may have just been his first offer to see if he could hit a home run on you. Also, he may not really want a used Corvette - even at a fair price. There are many factors effecting what a dealer will offer you for your car. Don't take it as gospel as to what your car is worth.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom