Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buying pistons?

brumbach

Corvette
1965 convertible
I'm a little confused. Few makers list 3.25 stroke with their pistons. Instead the list 3.480. Will this work? Also, any recommendation for pistons ?,i.e., KB, Speed pro, etc.

Bill

I'm a little confused. Few makers list 3.25 stroke with their pistons. Instead the list 3.480. Will this work? Also, any recommendation for pistons ?,i.e., KB, Speed pro, etc.

Bill

Bill, 3.480" is the stroke of a 350, their high-volume piston; you should be able to find 327 pistons at either KB or Speed-Pro. Both strokes use the same 5.7" rod - the compression height of the pistons are different.

:beer

Bill, 3.480" is the stroke of a 350, their high-volume piston; you should be able to find 327 pistons at either KB or Speed-Pro. Both strokes use the same 5.7" rod - the compression height of the pistons are different.

:beer
Thanks.

Any chance you'd know the cc displacement for the trw domed piston (L2166)?

Bill,

If you are a gadget-type of a person,you'll appreciate the compression ratio software from Performance Trends (http://www.performancetrends.com/cr12.htm), it is perfect when you're shopping for different engine components (to include heads).

This way, you won't end-up, like I did, with a stack of paper calculations and formulas that gave me a headache. I bought their software, and very easily I was able to compare different piston profiles.

Also, with what it would cost you to have a shop measure the different displacement factors, you can purchase a thick clear plastic plate and a calibrated burette to use actual displacement numbers. Advertised values are not always on the mark. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom