Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Buzzing noise from above driver rear tire???

D

dcmorgan00

I had my 1987 coupe out for the first time since winter and when I got home and parked the car I could hear a buzzing or humming noise from above and behind the drivers side rear tire. I got under the car and it appears to be some sort of module for someting. It was wires connected to it so I know it is electrical. Anyone know what this might be? The only way to stop it was to disconnect the battery. I left it off overnight and tried it in the morning but as soon as I hooked up the battery I got the same noise. Any help would be great.

I had my 1987 coupe out for the first time since winter and when I got home and parked the car I could hear a buzzing or humming noise from above and behind the drivers side rear tire. I got under the car and it appears to be some sort of module for someting. It was wires connected to it so I know it is electrical. Anyone know what this might be? The only way to stop it was to disconnect the battery. I left it off overnight and tried it in the morning but as soon as I hooked up the battery I got the same noise. Any help would be great.
Sounds like the ABS sensor. The experts will be along shortly. Welcome to the CAC.:w

Can anybody else verify if that might be my problem?

Can anybody else verify if that might be my problem?
I've never had a ABS sensor buzz!! But I've damn sure had the rear Bose Speaker Amps go bad and buzz,even with the radio off!!!:upthumbs

This seems to be a part that is located just above the rear tire. It is mounted in the quarter panel area. You can touch it from the outside and it seems to just cycle constantly. If it is an ABS pump would it go bad and run all the time or would it be more like the computer went bad and is telling it to run. It does it even when the car is off.

This seems to be a part that is located just above the rear tire. It is mounted in the quarter panel area. You can touch it from the outside and it seems to just cycle constantly. If it is an ABS pump would it go bad and run all the time or would it be more like the computer went bad and is telling it to run. It does it even when the car is off.
If I remember right the ABS pump is in the front on a 87, I need to Look in my Book!!!!:upthumbs Stay Tuned!!!:boogie

If I remember right the ABS pump is in the front on a 87, I need to Look in my Book!!!!:upthumbs Stay Tuned!!!:boogie
Looks like they changed it mid year 86!!! So I guess it could be the unit behind the drivers seat and your just feeling it on the Lt rear outside!!!Need more research!!!;shrug It's not the Power antenna going Bonkers is it???:confused:upthumbs

Looks like they changed it mid year 86!!! So I guess it could be the unit behind the drivers seat and your just feeling it on the Lt rear outside!!!Need more research!!!;shrug It's not the Power antenna going Bonkers is it???:confused:upthumbs

gmjunkie, That is it. It is the power antenna motor. Your are the man, So now the next question is how much are thay and how hard to replace it?

gmjunkie, That is it. It is the power antenna motor. Your are the man, So now the next question is how much are thay and how hard to replace it?
You probly need a New Mast!!! There not to expensive,(I buy mine from GM less than $40. my cost!!)But sometimes they can be a Bear to put in other times it takes about 15 minutes!! I just did one last Friday,that Give me a Fit!!!!!;LOL;LOL;LOLThe heck of it is there was nothing wrong with the one I took out!! Somebody had put a new one in with out getting ALL of the Original one out so I had to take out the inner Splash shield and drill the rivets out of the cover and get about 4 inches of it out before the New one would go completely down!!First one in about 3 years!!:boogie:boogie:boogie Do a search,There is several threads here on the Subject!!!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom