Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ByCU

F

FmrMarauder

Ladies and gents, I wanted to stop in and say a brief 'so long' (never good bye!); my '04 coupe has been sold and I won't be lurking about as much here on one of the best car sites on the Web.

The wife found a new '05 T-Bird at the Ford dealer and she fell in love with the car. (Too bad - if she'd fallen in love with the dealer I could have kept the 'vette <g>).

Anyhow cars, even the 2004 Torch Red Coupe that I waited most of my life to get and figured I would have it until we ran out of liquid dinosaur and was washed nearly daily and hardly ever taken over 140 <g>, are replaceable while wives are not.

At least, not in this house <g>.

And it saves me from having to make the "run flats" or "non run flats" decision.

Anyway I want to thank ALL of you for your support and help, and for the fun I've had both in owning and driving the car, and in hanging around you great bunch of folks.

I won't be leaving the forum, but obviously there won't be many posts about how to set up a CB antenna (I never did finish that project) or how to get the #$@# thing off of the ground to change the oil.

Many, many thanks to all of you.

Oh - my replacement vehicle? Well, I live near Detroit and the hunny of course won't want to drive her new 'bird in the snow so she'll take over the grocery getter come winter. I leased a 4x4 pickup for my ride for the next couple of years - we can handle three vehicles here at the Swamp but not four, and we need at least two of 'em to be capable in inclement weather.

Maybe by then the 'new' will have worn off of the 'bird and the wife will be on to other toys and I can look a 'vette...but I think the next one will be something older, that I can actually work on myself...

@#$@# there I go - the wrapping paper ain't even off of the Dodge yet and I'm already planning it's replacement <g>.

Anyway, thanks for all of the help and support in my first 'vette venture.

Warmest regards,

Jim

We'll keep the light on for you! I'm sure you'll return...
Heidi :w

I've had to move away from a Vette a few times also. It was not fun and it made the eventual return that much sweeter. Wish you the best in your self imposed exile. The one thing we know for sure is that after a few years in a TBird you will be dying to return. Hopefully, your wife will as well. Especially if the next Vette is a convertible with an automatic!

We'll still be around when the day comes that you get another one.

In the meantime, take care :)

Tammy

Vette or Wife? Vette or Wife? Vette or Wife? Hmm... I guess I just figured out why I'm divorced! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom